Menu Plan Week 47

Here’s our menu for this coming week.  You’ll see there’s not a whole lot of cooking going on.  Mostly all leftovers except for Thanksgiving Day and then we’ll make it on leftovers through the weekend too.

Monday, November 22, 2010
Lunch:
Soup & Sandwiches

Dinner:
Gumbo
Crackers
Salad

Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Lunch:
Salmon Pate’
Pretzel chips
Broccoli Slaw

Dinner:
Jen’s Crockpot Chicken (from freezer)
Pasta
Green Beans

Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Lunch:
Sandwiches
Vegetable Beef Soup

Dinner:
Fricot
Pasta
Salad

Thursday, November 25, 2010 (Happy Thanksgiving!)

Turkey
Pumpkin Pie
Buttermilk Pie

Friday, November 26, 2010
Leftovers

Comments

Cindy B. says

Teach me please: Watergate salad and buttermilk pie.

I am guessing the buttermilk pie is a “southern thing” … I lived in Alabama, Texas and So. Carolina while in the Army and learned about many different foods.

Watergate sounds so political to me. (Age showing!) That was 70’s or so, I think.

Have a great holiday!
    Cindy B.

Gwen says

Have you ever made/had Pecan Buttermilk Pie? My sister in law introduced it to our family many years ago and now it is the standard pecan pie. Glad you added your favorite Watergate salad back to the menu. Thanksgiving isn’t a time to give up traditional favorites. Hugs, Gwen

Donna in KS says

….thought you weren’t making Watergate!!! I love it myself and don’t make it often as my family is not fond of it. Our cranberry sauce will have jalapenos and cilantro in it and all love it. I may try your cranberry/cherry salad. Buttermilk pie? is that a custard pie? A younger guy (I baby sat him back in the “dark ages”) at church came up to me and thanked me, “Sugar Cream pie is on our Thanksgiving menu!”. His wife grew up in Indiana. She has not made it in a while so he was thrilled that I had reminded her of it! She is supposed to be giving me the recipe. I was so relieved to read of your dad. You all have a truly wonderful time of giving thanks!

Karen says

What is green bean bundles? Thanksgiving dinner sounds wonderful. What time should I be there? LOL Thank God your father is doing much better.

Linda in NE says

Sounds like a very yummy Thanksgiving dinner. I’ve never heard of buttermilk pie. Could you post a recipe sometime?? I’m trying your Cranberry-Cherry Salad this year since I’m the only one that eats the plain jellied cranberry sauce.

I am going to have much the same…substituting apple pie for buttermilk and Mandarine orange salad for your Watergate…and what is that, pray tell? sounds intriguing!!