Anna’s Top is Quilted

Choosing the backing was a struggle.  I thought I had a piece of fabric with cheerleaders on it but I think I used it for pillowcases.  There are very few novelty prints in my stash.  There was a piece of fabric from The Quiltmaker’s Gift line that I had been saving for something special and . . what could be more special than this?  The top ended up being 50″ wide so I cut the length for the backing fabric, split it down the middle and inserted a 12″ strip of the aqua border fabric, which will also be the binding fabric.

For the quilting, I did meandering hearts and loops using yellow thread.

Binding will get done today and I’ll get it to UPS tomorrow or Wednesday.

The little girl, Anna, had the brain tumor removed on Friday and I believe mom told me she will have to have radiation so I don’t know if they will go home for that or stay in Memphis but I’m just sending the quilt to my friend’s parents who will get it to Anna’s grandpa who will get it to Anna.  Please continue to pray for this little girl and her family.

Comments

It’s a lovely quilt Judy and I’m sure it will make Anna’s day. People like you, who give a helping hand where you can and do things to brighten the lives of people you don’t know, make the world a better place. Good on ya!

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ says

Anna’s quilt is wonderful. I’m sure it will be loved. I feel privileged to know you and your generous spirit. The best gifts are those from the heart.

Mariel says

I’m sure Anna will give this quilt plenty of love. I will keep her in my prayers as I have a girlfriend who is also dealing with a brain tumor.
    It is such a kind act to share your quilting with others. God’s blessings to you and especially to Anna and her family!

My prayers do go out to this little girl. My husband suffered from a brain tumor so I feel deeply for families going thru the same terrible thing.

The quilt is sweet and will give great comfort.

lw says

Anna’s quilt turned out great– very pretty. I will say a prayer for Anna to recover and one day use this quilt for her own little girl.

Linda (Petey) Fritchen says

No matter how pretty tops are, it is the quilting that makes them gorgeous! Very pretty finish.

Dorothy S says

It turned out so lively and fun. Prayers going with it that she will get stronger and healthy each passing day.

Doe in Mi says

Love how the aqua border made the colors in the top just pop right out, Judy.
    That little gal is going to be hugging and enjoying it alot. It will be a spot of brightness and comfort for her. Prayers go out to her from me.