Cooking Almost Done

The turkey has been brining with a dry brine since Monday afternoon.

The cornbread is made and crumbled and drying out.

Celery and onions are chopped for the dressing.

Giblets and neck are boiled and chopped.  Broth is set aside for the gravy.

The pumpkin and buttermilk pies will be made today.

Cranberry/Cherry Salad is made.

Watergate Salad is made.

Green Bean Bundles are made and will be baked tomorrow.

Cooking is under control in the Lime Green Kitchen!  🙂

Comments

Mary Jo says

There are advantages to going to someone else’s house and only having to take a couple of things! Your green bean bundles look great. Could you share that recipe?

Sandy says

Your feast looks delicious! I bet the guys can’t wait to eat that tasty meal tomorrow. Judy, you are so organized in planning your menu.

Toni says

Look’s wonderful. Our plans have changed as of 30 min. ago. Medical issues will keep us from DD’s house in AL. Will try to find some place to eat out locally.

I have pecan pie and pumpkin pie baking in the oven as I type. Ham in fridge, and turkey should be defrosted. Picked up sweet potatoes from LSU farms yesterday and got the french fried onions for the S-I-L favorite green bean casserole.

I swear, I could cook nothing but the green bean casserole and the pies and that boy would be happy!

glen

Evelyn says

Looks great! I spent a few hours with my nephew’s wife this afternoon prepping alot of food for tomorrow. The more you can do ahead, the better off you are, I agree! Relax and enjoy your delicious meal tomorrow! Cheers! Evelyn

Doe in Mi says

Looks really yummy, Judy. Especially the watergate salad, I haven’t had that in years – darn! Well Christmas is coming up so maybe it will happen this year!! Have a great day and blessings to you and yours. ;>)

My daughter wants to know if the celery and onions are a deliberate Mickey Mouse reference. She’s also tired of me frequently pointing out that it’s almost nine am and “Judy’s chickens have been outside for HOURS!”