Vince is off four days . . in a row! This evening has been an exercise in patience. Some days I wonder how two people who are so opposite can make it. I’m not saying he’s wrong and I’m right . . well, maybe I’m saying that!
These are the things that have happened just since he got home from work today.
- Do you remember what happened last year when it snowed and all our snow shovels were in the rental building? The blog post is here. Since about Labor Day, I’ve been saying “where are our snow shovels?” The weatherman says we could have “wintry mix” tonight. I said “VINCE! Where are our snow shovels?” He went to the building and he couldn’t find them. He thinks they may be in the attic. Snow shovels don’t take up much room. Why can’t we just keep them in the garage? I think I’m going to buy one and hide it in my closet.
- He looked at the pies I made and he said “I guess you want to save those for tomorrow?” My thought was . . do you want to live to see tomorrow?
- I saw something on an ad on TV and I said “If Santa really wanted to get me something for Christmas, that would be nice!” Vince said “Santa is dead!”
- We have extra propane bottles for the gas grill. Especially during the winter, I like to keep the extras filled . . just in case the power goes off. I’ve begged him to fill those extra bottles and today he said “I think one that you think is empty isn’t all the way empty!
- When the weatherman was talking about the possibility of ice on power lines tonight, Vince looked at me and said “We don’t have any gas for the generator!” How can he know how prepared I am for every situation and he just buries his head in the sand (or snow) and doesn’t worry about anything!
Really, I’m not complaining. I probably make him more crazy than he makes me. I’m able to laugh at our differences . . most days.