Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!  Hope you’re all with your family and friends, you have great food and are staying warm!

Do you ever think of what the Pilgrims faced?  Life had to be so scary and so hard for them, and yet they found time and reason to be thankful.  Speaking for myself and my family, we’re a spoiled bunch.  We expect a lot, we spend $$ like there’s no tomorrow, we have forgotten the lessons our ancestors knew so well, and when things go wrong, we whine and complain instead of stopping to count our blessings.

I think of the family with a 7 year old daughter who’s just this week undergone surgery to remove a brain tumor.  I think of moms, dads, husbands, wives, children, who have loved ones far away in a war zone.  Our family has so much to be thankful for — my dad being home and doing well is on the top of my list!  We moan and complain about a lot of things around here but in the grand scheme of things, life is real good at our house and we’re very blessed . . and very thankful!

I hope that each of you can find something to be thankful for and I hope in the coming year, we all become more aware of our blessings and think about those more than we think about our problems.

Comments

Happy Thanksgiving, Judy. I always enjoy your posts and the sense of community I experience as a follower of your blog. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I knoq you will have a wonderful day.

I made your cranberry and cherry Jello salad for today. I posted a photo of it (http://recipesgoodandsimple.blogspot.com) with a link back to your page that has the recipe. I’ve only tasted it while it was in the mixing bowl, and it was delicious in that stage. I doubled the recipe.

It’s 73 right now with an arctic blast due to come in today!

Linda C says

Happy Thanksgiving, Judy! I hope yours is full up with happiness. We’re driving up to my cousin’s house for a big dinner and I am really looking forward to it.

Donna in KS says

Happy Thanksgiving!! friends made via the internet are a modern blessing and one I cherish. We do have so very many blessings for which to be thankful. Hoping that you are all safe and warm and have a wonderful week-end.

Dica says

Amen Sister, I truly enjoy your blog. We all have some much to be thankful for and sometimes we just forget what others don’t have. I’m thankful for the ones that are serving our country so I might have freedom to do the things I love.
    Happy thanksgiving to you and all the rest of your friends who read this each day.

Kathy says

Happy Thanksgiving Judy! Well said. And I’m also thankful for the opportunity to pop in often and read your blog. Thanks for sharing so much with us!

if you ever get to plymouth, mass, you should definitely go aboard the mayflower replica. and then try to imagine 119 people in that small ship, sailing for weeks, to and fro, sick, wet and cold and hungry most of the time. it is mind boggling to believe that any actually survived and thrived in the new world. we have actual pilgrim ancestors and are steeped in the history of their landing and life.