I’ve been thinking more about blog projects in 2011. Here’s what I’m thinking . . which is subject to change (over and over again if necessary!). Tell me what you think and if you have better ideas, we’ll do it your way. You can play along with one or all the ideas.
- Stash Reports will continue on Sunday. You can add as much info to your report as you’d like. Stashbusting isn’t going to be my main focus in 2011. I’m not going to buy fabric . . actually my goal is to buy nothing in 2011, and I’ll report my ins and outs but I doubt I share my running total . . or I might do it once a month but not every week.
- Some had mentioned wanting to share photos of their stash to see if there’s any noticeable change. On the first report for each month, I’ll recommend that you share photos if you wish. I am not going to share photos.
- Design Wall posts will continue on Monday.
- UFO Challenge – I’ve heard of others doing this and I think it would be fun. Number your UFO’s that you want to complete during the year. Number them 1 – 12 (for the months). Each month I’ll draw a number and that’s the UFO you complete for that month. If you have 24 UFO’s you want to complete, then number then 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, etc. Then whatever number I draw, you’ll do A & B for that month. Start making that UFO list. Photograph your projects if you’d like and share them on your blog. We’ll have a UFO post with a link box right before the first of the year.
- Monochromatic Monthly Quilts – I’ll put in the colors and each month will draw one. You can do one if that color suits your fancy or you can skip it. No accountability — just do it if you want. No set size — make a pillow or a wall hanging or a throw or bed quilt . . whatever makes you happy. I don’t know if there are 12 colors — there’s always red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. But then there’s pink, brown. That’s 9. Maybe we should skip December because of the holidays. Maybe one month could be black, white and one other color and one month could be your choice for a 2 color quilt. How does that sound? Also, for the color, you can add white, ecru or black along with the color. Say January is blue — you could add any shade of blue, along with white or ecru or black (but not black and white). Can you do that?
- Memorial Day Challenge – We will do another Memorial Day Challenge quilt to be donated as a QOV if you desire. You can make it and keep it if you want, or donate it as a QOV. More info on this will be posted as we get closer to Memorial Day but put it on your calendar if you want to do participate so you don’t get caught by surprise.
Anything else I need to remember?