Cookie Dough in the Freezer

Having cookie dough in the freezer makes it so easy to have fresh, warm cookies any time we want them.  By having small rolls of dough in the freezer, I don’t have to bake a whole batch of cookies and therefore, I don’t have a whole batch of cookies sitting around tempting me.

Once I thaw out a log of dough, I can slice off enough to make 4 or 6 cookies, and leave the rest of that log in the fridge, or I can slice and bake the whole log.  This works with most any type cookie dough.

This is a batch of Spice Crisps (the darker ones on the left) and a batch of Brown Sugar Slice & Bake cookies.  I write on the outside of the ziplock bag the baking temp and time.  What could be easier?

Comments

Helen says

“Not much I can do about those 18 months but next time I see her, I’m going to be skinnier than she is.”

: )

Sherry says

this is a great idea and I’ve even tried it but unfortunately I have a teenage granddaughter that would rather eat raw, frozen cookie dough than have a baked cookie. There is rarely any frozen dough when I go to look for it. I’ve even hidden the dough in other boxes and she always finds it and believe it or not, she’s a size six.

I love the idea of making enough and freezing it. I just never thought of that and I don’t know why since I freeze everything else. lol

Karen says

I need to make some cookie dough and put in my freezer. Are you going to share your recipes?

I’m a little frustrated with my freezer right now. I had it beautifully organized and then we put venison in every which way and no matter what I’m looking for, I find… venison. Also my husband froze used paint rollers in every color so my freezer has a big section with just used paint rollers. Will we ever actually use them? I wonder. I could store a batch of cookies in the space that each paint roller takes up.

I am going to do this! I had never thought of it and I may have to mark mine Alligator Sausage!!! I did finish the inventory of the freezer and have space to do this!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always just bake the whole batch. I have two boys and a husband who is still trying to regain the weight he lost while we decorated our new home (and which he could not miss, contrary to my weight, which just stayed the same), so Idon’t have to be worried about eating too much cookies, I just don’t get the chance.
    I think the idea of freezing the dough is brilliant though.

Doe in Mi says

Duh! Where has my brain been all these years. Great idea.
    The cookies sound good – recipes – ?? Please.

How long will the cookie dough keep? I think that’s an excellent idea so this Nana can have cookies on hand whenever the grandkids come over! 😉

Michele says

Too funny!

And you don’t have to be a teenager to eat the dough straight out of the freezer. Tastes just as good even if you’re peri-menopausal.

Elizabeth says

Hi Judy, I will look foreward to the spicey cookie recipe. Mmmm By the way I wanted to tell you tha I bought the Reliable iron that you blogged about and I LOVE IT!! It purrs when it is in that steam mode and ever so wonderful on ironing the cotton fabrics. Life is great. Thanks for the research and just being there. I enjoy all parts of your blog. Liz

Hi Judy, You are an amazing woman, wife, mother, quilter, cook and domestic engineer. I hope your family appreciates you. I am just in awe of you and all the things you do. Where do you get all the energy? I wish you would send me some. Thank you for sharing so much of your knowledge and researching so many products and then sharing it on your blog. You sure keep life interesting. Keep up the good work!!!! and thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope to see you in Paducah, if I do I will surely introduce myself to you. Cheers, Lee

Diane Hines says

When I have cookie dough in the freezer, it seems to dissappear one slice at a time. Cookie dough is much more a temptation that the cookies.

Never thought about wrapping the cookie dough in foil and labeling it as something else …. I have 4 rugrats that love frozen cookie dough – I think I’ll give this a try !