Stash Report – December 19, 2010

Nothing added and nothing used again this week.  I spent a good bit of time sewing but again, it was yardage that had already been counted.  It was one of those quilts that took forever for some reason . . even though it wasn’t hard at all, I just couldn’t get with the program.  It’s done now and I’m going to start a new quilt this afternoon so I’ll have a little bit to report next week, which will be our final stash report of 2010.  Can you believe how quickly this year has gone by?  I can’t!

Anyway, here are my totals for now:

Used this Week: 0 yards
Used year to Date: 564 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 195 yards
Net Used for 2010: 369 yards

How did you do this week?

Comments

Kathie L. says

I am so glad I joined the stash reporting this year. I think it has helped me keep somewhat in check and my stash is looking a lot fresher.

Why is that some quilts just make you feel like they are such a chore to finish. I had one of those this year (it was a pattern my guy picked out).

Thanks for hosting the stash report. I finally starting paying attention to what I was buying thanks to having to make my habits publich. Like Judy, next year is going to be a shop the stash year for me.

pdudgeon says

“Net Used for 2010: 369 yards” WELL DONE INDEED, JUDY!

that breaks down to using more than a yard a day from your stash. and with all the other things you have to do every day, that’s a very admirable accomplishment. My hat’s off to you.

You have used an incredible amount of fabric this year! I have had fun learning how much I use. And even more fun finding fabric to use instead of buying new. That really hit me this week. Thanks so much.

You have do so well with your fabric usage. I’ve hit a flat spot with mine, but maybe will be able to sew this week. I will post my UFO list tomorrow – I’ve got a little more searching to do to find what’s in the sewing room!

Darlene S says

Judy, What a great “used” number from your stash. My goal next year will be to shop my stash more and to get my net used higher. Guess that means I need to stay out of quilt stores when there are sales??? My usage went up this week yay, finally finishing projects. Here are my totals for this week.
    Used this Week: 8.5 yards
    Used year to Date: 114.63 yards
    Added this Week: 0 yards
    Added Year to Date: 90 yards
    Net Used for 2010: 24.63 yards

Judy, thank you so much for hosting the Stashbustng. I needed it to get me going. Dar in MO

I got a top ready for quilting (added borders and backing) and I love how much of fabric gets used at this stage – even though sometimes piecing the back can be just a pain. I need to join your UFO challenge and get my ‘almost-tops’ to this stage so I can make a better showing at stash usage next year. Now to pick tops for the challenge and take pictures …

My numbers aren’t great, but this has helped me keep my shopping expenses down and helped me to get real over my habits. Thanks Judy for heading this up. I truly appreciate it. Jane