Final Stash Report of 2010

Hard for me to believe it’s been a year since we started the 2010 stash reports.  Anyone planning to join in the reporting in 2011?  It will be done the exact same way.   All most of us do is report what we bring in and what we use each week.  No need to know how many total yards are in our stashes.  To those wanting to do stashbusting in 2011 . . good luck!

I doubt I use nearly as much in 2011 as I did in 2010 but I’ll continue my stashbusting efforts.

This week I did get the purple, green and gold top finished so that’s the only yardage I used.  Nothing added.  My final totals for 2010 are:

Used this Week: 8.50 yards
Used year to Date: 572.5 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 195 yards
Net Used for 2010: 377.5 yards

Comments

Thanks so much for hosting the Sunday Stash report. It has been a very insightful for me. I hope I have my fabric purchasing under control — but, the yarn stash building is a problem. There’s always next year!

I think I’ll watch for one more year. Keeping track of it wouldn’t be so bad, although I’m feeling confident that it wouldn’t be a stash-busting exercise for me. What daunts me most is counting up the yardage of fabrics I currently have on hand! LOL! 🙂

• 2.1

Darlene S says

Denise, You DO NOT have to add up your current yardage. You get to start with a clean slate. Just start keeping track of what you buy and how much you use each week. Easy, peesy. Dar

Thanks for hosing the Stash Busting report Judy. You did awesome this year. If you even use half as much next year, it will still be impressive. I’ll be follwoing along next year. Still working out my stash management strategies for next year. I definitely learned a lot this year!

Thanks, Judy, for hosting the Stash Reports. I would like to continue in 2011 and hope to make more progress and be more regular in my reporting. As always, you are a great inspiration and role model! Happy New Year!

I’ve watched the stashbusting reports throughout 2010 and am looking forward to participating in 2011. If nothing else, the weekly reporting will help me be more mindful of my purchasing of new fabrics!

Debbie says

Pretty impressive number. Wish I could say the same! I am going to keep better track of the fabric next year. I’m getting a little out of control. Too much input and not a lot of output!

Thank you Judy for hosting the stashbusting reports. I quit posting to my blog as my stalker with the nasty comments was back again. My final report is purchased 68 yards (mostly backings) Used 24 yards….I have had a bad quilting year as there was just not enough time with all the changes my family had this year. I’m participating in your UFO bust and i will be busting those UFO…I’m just not going to do it “officially”. Thanks again for all you do for the quilting community!!

I’m definitely onboard for 2011! Even though I still ended up in the hole by 206 yards, that’s 325 yards better than the year before. Thanks again for hosting the weekly stash reports. Between your UFO reports and the stash reports, I’m going to do it!

Your totals are awesome, Judy! You’re my hero!

Thanks again for all you do for us!

I think you busted an enormous amount of stash. I will definitively be joining you in 2011 and hope to actually bust some stash then (instead of just adding to it in spite of my efforts to bust it). I hope the white fabric I ordered a couple of weeks ago will arrive before december 31th though (it is probably held up by customs, I hate that when it happens), then I can add it to this years total and do not have to add it to next year, making it more difficult to bust some stash from the beginning.

Judy, thanks for hosting 1 year of stash busting – your numbers sure are inspiring! I am looking forward to 2011 and hopefully more fabric usage in my household.

Great year Judy! I know you didn’t reach your stretch goal, but I think 572 yards used is amazing. I had a great time joining along and will be doing it again next year. I am also going to count my patterns in vs. patterns used b/c I kinda used that as my loophole this year!

Great job, Judy!

I’ll be keeping up with the stash busting or stash management. While I haven’t been busting fabric like I should, I am still using it and doing less buying!

The UFO Challenge will be fun.

I’ll be here, depending on when I have internet access. If luck is with us, we’ll be leaving on our snowbird trip one week from today!

Darlene S says

Judy, I’m definitely IN for the stashbusting. Didn’t make my goal, but now I have a better idea of what I can do and I’m going to keep my same goal for 2011 — which I WILL achieve in 2011. I’m getting real confident, aren’t I.?
    Dar in MO

Thanks so much, Judy, for hosting the Stash Reports this year. It was fun, and enlightening! Now I have a goal: To do much better next year!

Judy, those are impressive numbers used–wow! I’m trying to figure in my head about what an average bed sized quilt requires in yardage (futile effort–I cannot add in my head!), which to me rounds out to a huge pile of quilts. Looking forward to seeing your new book.

I’m not joining in the stashbusting efforts as my stash is not very large–I doubled it last year when I finally got a sewing room, and started a lot of projects that need finishing so hope to use up some of the oldest on backings, etc. Since I lost my sewing room when DS moved back in, I have nowhere to put anything new so that keeps my buying down.

Thanks Judy for hosting this reporting of stash each week. Your numbers are fantastic. I’m hoping to have bigger numbers in 2011 since mine for 2010 have been just since the end of July. Hopefully I can contain my usage to my stash without new purchases!

Thanks for hosting the stash busting report, I have failed by ONE yard.. so next year I only have to strive to get in the black and I’ll be ahead. Plus there are no trips to the USA planned so that always helps.. fabric is SO much cheaper in the USA I always go mad! Chris and I would like to wish you and Vince and family a Happy New Year.

WOW Judy, I absolutely love your numbers. I haven’t posted mine yet but do consider my participation a win since not alot of fabric came in. So I did succeed with that yet my numbers still grew.

So Thank you for hosting this and I will be joining you again next year. I am also serioisly considering joining you for the 12 project challenge too yet still pondering that.
    Happy New Year friend and I wish 2011 brings you all the joy, health, peace and happiness you can handle and still find time to do what you love!
    Jane

I fell off in my reporting about midway through the year. My estimate is that I busted just about the same amount that I brought in. Thanks so much for having these stashbusting posts – it has really changed the way I think about buying fabric. It’s easy to say you are going to use stash fabric, but it’s a different thing when you are held accountable by posting about it! I’ll be starting up again with the posts in 2011!

Without these regular reports, I wouldn’t have known that I’d used up 66 yds of fabric in one year. Thanks Judy. I hope to use more next year (without really worrying about how much I add – as usual!) 🙂

Betty C says

Starting off the new year with learning some new things right away (blog) and with hopes of finishing up lots of things (quilts). Cheers!