Join the UFO Challenge

There’s still time to join the UFO Challenge.  You’ll have to have your list submitted and add your name/link to the link box by January 1 in order to be eligible for prizes throughout the year.  More info is in the linked post.

We have 92 links last time I checked.  This is going to be fun!  I hope all 92 of us finish a UFO each month.  That will be 1,104 less UFOs hanging around if we all get them all done.  We can do it!

I’m so excited to get started.  I have all the numbers in a plastic bag and am ready to have Vince or Chad (or Speck) draw a number on January 1 so we can get started completing those UFOs.  Come play along with us!

Comments

Gail Sheppard says

Hi Judy,
    I have listed my UFOs and will play along. I do not have a website, so can’t add to the Mr. Linky … :-(.
    Looking forward to finishing 12 UFO’s this year!!! Last year I finished 1. So, I’m optomistic that I will finish more!
    Gail

Toni says

Help! I’ve committed to another UFO Challenge but I would love to do yours. I see you as being such a problem solver…tell me, how could I do both since two different numbers would be picked each month? I really can’t promise to finish TWO UFO’s per month! Well, I could, but then I wouldn’t be able to do any new quilts! Oh No! Thank you!

Toni in TN says

Ready to go!! I’ve also decided to do a Christmas UFO each month. Most are very small like ornaments and such. Just need motivation to gittum done.

Judy! I am a dingbat today…will you add my post for today, as my URl to participate?? I have tried and tried, and can’t make it work…I pictured and listed all my UFO’s….

Thanks!!

Julie

Mary Carter says

I don’t have a blog or website but I have written down some ufos. I will just play along. I’m not even sure I could send pictures. I read your blog daily. I’m looking forward to doing more ufos.

I’m still finding UFOs! They are all over the place!

Actually, I think I have narrowed down the tops and projects that I want to tackle. Now, to go number them….

I never thought I would be this excited to do UFOs. 😉 I’m hoping the enthusiasm carries over to the ones I didn’t choose for the list.

Sandra Neel Hutchins says

I will read with interest all about the UFO’s being completed. Since I make one quilt at a time and finish it before moving on, I have no UFO’s. But I do love reading what those who have many projects going at once are doing. Happy sewing!

Cindy from CA says

I don’t have a website or blog, but I want to finish some UFO’s!!! I have my list on the wall in my sewing room and I am waiting for you to draw that first number! I really want to finish some of the projects that have been hanging around for years!!
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    Cindy

Melissa G says

I can’t play long with the UFO challenge officially since I have sporadic internet access. Also, we just moved to the US from overseas. 99% of my stash, supplies, etc was given away before we left. And the little bit I did keep had to be left behind in storage. But I packed my UFOs in a such a manner that I hope I can still work on one a month. I was able to bring one with me (a pink Note to Self to do with my daughter) which I cut the pink strips for before giving away the rest of the fabric! The other UFOs will come back to me in the US in dribs and drabs as friends come and bring for me. I am calculating it will be about one a month so that I can play along in the challenge!! Can’t wait!!!

I am really excited to start! I feel like I should be working on them to get them a little farther along, so they actually get done in their month! Cant wait-go figure! they have been sitting there all this time, and NOW I want to work on them!

I’d sign up, but after I finish the quilt I’m completing this week, I’ll have one UFO (maybe two). But stash? Now, that’s another thing altogether; I have TONS Of that…:)

I don’t have 12 UFOs (I only have 3) so I can’t play with the linky box, but I will use your challenge to get my 3 done this year. I hope. Two of them are hand-quilted, so it’ll take me way longer to get them done than I’d like.

Darlene S says

Judy, I’m ready with my list posted on my wall (I sent you an email with them listed). I hope to get a blog so I can show my UFO’s as I complete them. We’ll see. Thanks for doing this. Dar in MO

Jessie says

I don’t have a blog. But I would love to play. I have my list of 12. I will post the finished quilt if it gets finished in the proper month:)
    1 Button & Bows