Chicken Tetrazzini

In this case, it’s turkey tetrazzini.  We fried a turkey breast for Christmas and with the leftovers, I made turkey tetrazzini.  It’s a huge timesaver to make a big batch of anything and freeze the extra in several dishes for ready to heat and eat meals.  This recipe makes a lot.

The green dish is for tonight and we now have 4 additional dinners.

The extra dishes will go in the freezer.  That’s four nights I don’t have to cook!

Here’s the recipe I use:

1 tsp. salt (if needed)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1-1/2 tsp. paprika
5 cups cooked, shredded or chopped chicken
1 cup parmesan cheese

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350º.

2.  Melt butter in large pot.  Cook onions, bell peppers, garlic and mushrooms til onions are clear.  Add cream of mushroom soup, broth, water and cook til ingredients are blended.

3.  Stir in pasta, cheddar cheese, peas, wine, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika and chicken.  Mix well.

4.  Stir into buttered baking dish.

5. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.

6.  Bake for 40 minutes

Comments

Wow! This is a whole lot easier than the recipe my MIL gave me 30 years ago! I’m making it tomorrow night. Anyone out there make a New Year’s recipe with black eyed peas and cornbread for good luck?

The first dinner I cooked for my soon to be DH in 1979 was Chicken Tetrazzini – I truly believe it made him take notice over and above what he had already noticed. He is still the best man ever. Your recipe is looks much better so I will definitely giving it a try.

Rita says

Wow…that’s a lot of tetrazzini. The recipe sounds great…I’m gonna give it try. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve never frozen anything and am curious about how to go about doing it. Just freeze it in the dish? Line the dish with foil and then when it is frozen pull it out? Thaw it out in the fridge before baking???

Thanks for the help!

Debbie Storjohann says

I also made and froze turkey tetrazzini. It is a good go to meal. When unexpected company comes I can pull that out and have a hot meal in an hour or so just add a salad and bread. Your recipe looks real good. I cover my dish with saran wrap the in foil. Be sure to date it so it can be used before freezer burn sets in. I use mine within 2 months. Happy New Year to all.

Diane says

I made your Chicken Tetrazzini receipt and it is so good!
    I just klove it. Have two in the freezer and gave one away to a friend. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.