Design Wall Monday – 1/3/11

This quilt isn’t on my UFO list but it is a UFO so I grabbed it, pressed it and it needs borders.

Without borders, it’s 48″ x 72″.  It needs to be in the 60″ x 80″ range to be used as a donation quilt so I think I’ll add these straight borders and that will make it about 61″ x 85″ . . a good donation size.  This one will go to the children’s home in Louisiana.  Of course, the real quilt has lots more yellow and orange and the EQ quilt has more blue and darker colors but you can get the idea.

What’s on your design wall?

Comments

I’m so excited! I’ve never been first before. What luck to be checking e-mail at just the right moment. Fun quilt, it must feel good to get rid of all of those binding strips.

Eileen Keane says

Good morning Judy,
    The work on my design wall has absolutely nothing to do with the UFO challenge! It’s a piece I have to finish in less than 2 weeks in addition to going back to working on customer quilts.

Susan Torrens says

I like to make quilts with bright happy colours too! Great use of leftover strips as well.

Diane says

Happy New Year to you Judy! Once again thanks for hosting DWMonday.
    We’re off to a good start on the UFO’s.

This is the quilt you started from your left over bindings itsn’t it? It turned out great, so bright. A blue border will look great with the the rest of the quilt.

YEA! you’re off to a great start in 2011. I have my two #6 UFO’s up and the Monochromatic Challenge fabrics with the book I’m thinking of using for an idea. I’m still ruminating on which idea to use. Have a Happy week finishing your Ufo that isn’t on your list.

CindyC says

I love scrap quilts and using up the scraps so there is no waste. Your quilt looks great. Probably needs a plain border with all the piecing going on in the center. Then it will be finished quickly!

Love this quilt–writing it on my to do list.
    And WOW!!! Look at all the DWM people this morning………….can’t wait to see everything.

Pretty quilt! I think I recall you working on this a while ago….

So many folks got up early to post this morning–I’m way down in the list 🙂

Love the slight change in the rail fence. A happy quilt that will bring a smile to a child – wonderful 🙂
    Judy, thanks keeping me motivated!

Judy, isn’t this the one you made from left over bindings? It looks bright and happy, perfect for a donation quilt 🙂 I can’t believe the first number in the UFO challenge is one where I have to quilt!!! I’m going for it….just hope I don’t have to rip out too much, that makes me VERY cranky!!!

I love your quilt, Judy! It is so colorful and cheerful. This would be a good one to have around for these gloomy days. And could you let us know which post it was in 2010. I think I can figure it out but just need the dimensions of the blocks.

Becky I. says

No design wall today. sniff! sniff! No fabric today. sniff! sniff! I don’t even have a quilting room today. sniff! sniff! But the contractor is here. smile smile smile I will survive this and be better for it in the end I am sure………

I am 50% done with my January UFO!!!!! so this is my “design wall” for today. I am tryking to link but for some reason have a very difficult time, so if it isn’t working—-don’t know what else to do. Have a great day!

Wow, there are a lot of people with design walls up today! A great start to the new year. I’m doing your UFO challenge, and, so far, making good progress

I think I might have linked on both the week 1 stash and this one by accident. But here’s what is on my design wall today and probably this week.

Denise says

I’ve got a quilt on the design wall, another on the door and one on the floor. I’m working on borders too.

Right now the little Drunkard’s Path top is still up there until I piece a backing for it. You make your donation quilts larger than most of mine — I use 54×72 as a general size although I have a fair amount of variation and my kids quilts tend to be a little smaller.

Ok, my design wall is the same as the UFO Challenge posting. . . .so it is listed. Hopefully by the end of this week I will be able to keep more up-to-date with the posting.