Yellow Quilt Progress

So many things I want to do . . cook, load a quilt on the longarm, knit . . oh, yes!  I want to knit on my red scarf!  But I told myself there must be order in my life!

First, the chain blocks for my yellow quilt had to be finished. All 32 of those are done.  They’re not all on the design wall because my wall is too small but they’re all done.  Now all I have to make are the star blocks.

Next on today’s agenda is to get a top loaded on the longarm and quilted!

Then a quick trip to the grocery store.

Then . . which will probably be after dinner tonight . . I can go back to working on my red scarf.

What’s on your agenda for today?

Comments

That is going to be so pretty. I love yellow but all my yellow stash are prints with other colors. I don’t think the monochromatic thing is going to work for me.

Your yellow quilt is coming along great! I am going to try and squeeze an hour out of today to work on my #6 UFO. 🙂

I need to work on my number 6 — I am amazed how fast you work, I guess you are better organised and more practised than I am

I love your yellows. I have very few and most are strips and string but I have a project in mind for them and can’t wait to get to it. But like you, first things first. 🙂 Have fun sewing.

I love your design. It just occurred to me that I have a stack of blue and a stack of yellow stars. The plan was to use them together but maybe….. But that’s not on the plan for today. Today I must work on a Christmas present quilt (postponed party is Sunday) that needs quilting today and binding tomorrow.

Ray says

Work at the office, then dinner, then a bit of TV & knitting, then bed. Not terribly exciting.

I am going to attempt to sandwich the Orange Snowball, and maybe look once again for the Outhouse blocks. They are in here somewhere.

Have you ever lost anything in your quilt room? I’ll bet most of you are so organized you know where everything is.

I am like that cluttered genius. I know ABOUT where stuff is, then again, maybe not.

glen

I’m going to quilt eventually, I pulled an all-nighter getting my 5′ quilt Table expanded to it’s full length of 10′. It was a floor model at my Bernina dealer. They set it up at the 5′ which worked for a while. My UFO #6 is wider so I HAD to expand it so I can make the goal to have it finished by the end of the month. I love the Yellow Chains, they are so cheerful.

pdudgeon says

on the adjenda?
    Today i’m spending my time getting all my blocks assembled and pressed for my next quilt top. I’m on the last round of the last 12. Half of them are laying on my bed, so when they’re all finished i’ll take a gander and start setting them in order to sew the rows together.

i have some vague ideas about dinner tonight which involve a chicken breast, LOL. And sometime tonight i have to make a batch of chili, because we’re expecting another round of snow later this week.

wow! I can’t believe how far you have gotten in such a short time. I haven’t even pulled out my yellow fabric to begin thinking about the quilt, much less have 32 blocks finished. I bow to the quilt queen.

Caring for Baby Alan this am and hanging out with his 8 year old brother, Will this afternoon. Plus I have to do a paper for my saturday class. But I did get my #6 quilted yesterday. Hope to get in some of the binding before I hit the sack.

You are fast!!! Judy – those are great blocks.

I’m not a yellow “person” but those blocks are very pretty. Can’t wait to see it with the star blocks.