Week 2 Stash Report

Nothing added this week.  I used 17-1/4 yards which was 11-1/2 yards for the yellow quilt, 5 yards for the backing for the purple and green top and 3/4 yard for the binding for the purple and green quilt.  I quilted another top, Shared Memories, but the backing for it was counted in last year’s list.

Used this Week:     17.25 yards
Used year to Date:    22.25 yards
Added this Week:    0
Added Year to Date:    0
Net Used for 2011:    22.25 yards

How’s everyone else doing with the stashbusting effort?

Comments

Jean says

hey Judy or someone –

what is your formula for figuring out what fabric you used – or send me on your site where to find it – I know I read it at one time .

Never joined this Stash Reduction program before, but I think this is the year as I am attemping to get UFO’s done.

The post won’t show until tomorrow at 0900 Central European Time, but it’ll be there. I haven’t used any, but a backing I’d ordered arrived…

Congrats on using 22 yards already this year! Get that stash used early so when Paducah comes around, you’ll have “room” for the new fabric. 🙂

I was a bit surprised at how much fabric I bought before Christmas and how 40+ yards does not really look like THAT much! Here’s hoping that all that fabric keeps me out of the stores for a while.

I’m going to try to keep track of “ins and outs” this year mostly out of sheer curiosity. I don’t need any more fabric but I find if I try to go No Buy, then I just end up binging. So moderation will be the plan.

Angela says

I love doing quilt backs – they use up a bunch of fabric at once! Definite motivation to finish off all my tops!

Susan Torrens says

I guess I should count partially finished projects as well, but I’ll work harder if I only count completed projects as “fabric used”

Darlene S says

Great start Judy. Here’s my report for the week. Dar

Used this Week: 4.5 yards for a QOV
    Used year to Date: 4.5 yards
    Added this Week: 1.25
    Added Year to Date: 1.25
    Net Used for 2011: 3.25 yards

Used this Week: 0 yards
    Used year to Date: 0 yards
    Added this Week: 0 yards
    Added Year to Date: 0 yards
    Net Used for 2011: 0 yards

Obviously this week wasn’t filled with actual quilting! I did use a few inches for applique but will just document that when the block is finished.

I am not sure I’m calculating right on my Stash report. I’ll have to take another MATH class for next week, IF I have to count the FQ’s I’m getting for my Birthday…Do we have to count GIFTS!?

I can’t figure out how to remove my link under “Suzanne in Utah”-#28…I left the “m” out of “.com”. I put a new link up.

Denise says

You’re off to a great start Judy! I’ve got 5 yards used this week, none purchased. So far so good.

LOL – check your first number in your post, Judy. Boy, I need to make a big quilt to have numbers like you, I’ve learned. But happy I’m on the positive side still. Look forward to seeing both quilts.

Way to go! Almost twenty yards already! I could learn a lot from you! Thanks for hosting this! My husband will be thrilled if at the end of the year I have used more than I’ve bought!

So I see the stash report on Jaybird quilts each week and this year I seriously need to join in.
    How do you count pre-cut fabrics?? I have a LOT of those to use up.
    What about fabric purchased before year end but it just showed up in my mail??

mary says

I like the feeling of keeping track . Hopefully it will help me not buy to much more. Thanks for the push

Finally made the 2 curtains for my kitchen and foyer. Used 2.5 yds of fabric that I bought last year for this project. I’ve been using a lot of self control to not buy anyting while the after holidays sales are taking place.