Waiting . .

I’m a wimp. Every time we touch Speck, he yelps. I couldn’t bear to take him to the vet and hear him cry and possibly get bad news so I stayed home and Vince and Chad took him. I swear they should be back by now but they’ve only been gone 30 minutes. I’m tempted to text Chad to see what’s happening but I know his response would be that if I wanted to know, I should’ve have gone.  I guess I should’ve gone but I would have cried the whole time and the vet is so sweet, he probably would be more worried about me than he would about Speck.  Heck, when I was crying last night, Vince was about to cry so I surely didn’t want the vet to have to deal with Vince and me both crying.  Chad’s stronger than either one of us when it comes to Speck so he’ll be fine through this.

Back to cleaning house and trying to wait patiently.

Comments

lw says

I’ll keep Speck in my prayers. I keep a single bed-sized piece of eggcrate foam rolled up in the garage in case I need to sleep on the floor for similar reasons. I throw it on the rug and it’s reasonably comfortable and fairly inexpensive. I just throw blankets or a sleeping bag on it.

I had a beagle with similar issues; we ended up getting him a wheelchair. I remember sitting at the veterinary neurologist’s office waiting to see the vet while Eddie whimpered in pain whenever he turned his neck…

LadyBaltimore says

Wishing for good news about Speck. I’ve spent more than one night sleeping on the floor with a pup (after surgery). Our pups (and kitties) are family.
    Sending you hugs and waiting anxiously with you.
    LadyB

Carla says

Judy
    Waiting is one of the hardest things to do.
    Bur you aren’t along we are waiting with you.

Mel Meister says

God Bless Speck and all of his family. Here’s hoping that some prednesone can help him.

pat says

I have a red dashound Buster and I know what you are going through.
    WE actually had to tear our picnic table apart to make a ramp for them to go up and down off the deck.

Tricia says

I’m putting out good thoughts into the Universe right now for little Speck!…and YOU!
    Hoping for good news!
    Tricia

Oh Judy…praying for good news…..Our furry ones sure do become family members and it is so hard when they get sick or hurt…

I keep checking your blog – waiting to hear good news about Speck. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Julie

Linda (Petey) says

Judy, can you feel me there rubbing your back? I so understand how you feel as our little doxie, Freckles, is only 6 but two times he has hurt his back…pinching a nerve we think. It paralyzes the back half of his body…he can’t even urinate.
    The vet gives some prednizone for a few days and he slowly comes back. It is painful to see, but keep being hopeful. If it ever comes to surgery, we probably won’t have it done. Good luck with the waiting.