UFO #6 Finished

My #6 quilt was from the June, 2010 Mystery and all it needed was the binding.

I ran out of the dark blue fabric so used the medium blue for the binding.  I love this quilt and am glad to have it finished.  I’ll never understand why I get so close to finishing a quilt and then not finishing it.

It’s 72″ x 96″ and I used Warm & Natural batting.

Comments

Karen says

I really like this quilt. The colors you picked are beautiful. I think I need to add this to my lists of somedays. Congratulations on one UFO finish.

It is beautiful! I do the same thing, I go so far as to quilt it and then it sits for so long without binding. Who knows why?

It’s beautiful Judy! My mental block when it comes to completing a quilt is backings. I dislike making backings. When I can, I like to buy 108″ backing fabric instead. Hoping Speck is feeling better.

Congratulations Judy on finishing up a UFO. I also have problems getting the binding on things. They will sit for months after they’ve been quilted and I can’t seem to find the time to square them up, stitchup the binding and get it on.

I’m loving that! Congrats on finishing it. 🙂

I’m working on my #6 UFO — slowly and steadily. I should be done real soon and maybe even more than what I listed! 🙂

I, too, love this quilt , one of your best. The white background is perfect. I’m making your upside down cake for guild handstitcher mtg. next month. I can already taste it.

My #6 is now a finished top. I’m hoping today to get the backing don,e and maybe even get it loaded on the machine. Woohoo!

Becky R says

I agree with everyone – I too like this quilt and hope to create it for myself one of these days.

Christy Lou says

What a beautiful quilt! I have been reading your site for quite awhile and I like your domestic style (I have yet to master bread-making though!!) But I was wondering if you could direct me to a good site or give your own opinion of a type of sewing machine to upgrade too for someone like me. I do very simple and easy (very easy) quilts and simple dresses for my baby girl. I have only ever sewn on a Singer Featherweight–my grandma’s from the 40’s or 50’s. I love it and it does the most beautiful seams and topstitching, but I would like something with stitch opitons and one step buttonholes. I know that this is probably not why you started your site, but you are truly and inspiration to me.
    Thank you and if you cannot help or feel that it was inappropriate for me to ask–I apologize in advance.

• 17.1

This is the place to ask for advice! I hope you find a machine that does everything you want. There are so many options out there. I researched a lot before I got my Singer and then had an opportunity to get a Viking Topaz. I still use the Singer.
      I am jealous of you (in a good way!)getting to own and use your Grandma’s Featherweight. I wish so bad I could get my Great Grandma’s Featherweight.

Bon says

I hear ya on finishing a quilt. I have one that I pulled out last weekend. All it needs is a binding. It has been waiting for one for several years now. Maybe one of these days I’ll do that. I did pull some fabric to do the binding. There is hope.

BTW, I like your quilt.

Darlene S says

Judy, I love the colors and crispness of this quilt. Nice going. I’m almost finished with my January UFO too. It needs a bit more quilting to satisfy me, although some say it’s ok where it is. I’ll take a picture shortly and post on the flickr site. Thanks for nudging us on. Dar in MO

It is beautiful! The binding looks great too. Congratulations, Judy on finishing another quilt. Wow, you’re prolific! I am inspired to finish my #6 today and just might have a chance to do it!

Congrats on finishing it – looks just great! After I catch up on your blog, I am going to cut the batting for mine and press the top so I can start quilting on it tonight. My plan is to have the binding on by next weekend so I have a week to stitch it and the label on.

Your quilt is gorgeous! Now why ever did you put it off for so long> It’s amazing to think why we procrastinate when wew do, it would only be so much easier if, would it.

I also finished my UFO#6. You can see the finished wallhanging here.
    Thanks Judy for the UFO challenge and thanks to Vince for pulling up the #6. Perfect timing for our season.

Jane

Judy,
    Your quilt is gorgeous! Now why ever did you put it off for so long?
    It’s amazing to think why we procrastinate the projects we do. It would only be so much easier if we wouldn’t.

I also finished my UFO#6. You can see the finished wallhanging here.

Jane