Week 3, 2011 Stash Report

I sewed a lot this week.  I quilted two quilts, bound three quilts and worked on more yellow star blocks but all the fabric was already counted last week, or last year when I pieced backings, so I have nothing to report as added or used this week.  My numbers stay the same for Week #2.

Used this Week:     0 yards
Used year to Date:    22.25 yards
Added this Week:    0
Added Year to Date:    0
Net Used for 2011:    22.25 yards

It was great to see so many stash reports last week!  There were 81 of us!  I’ll be happy if we finish the year with 40 of us.  Will you be one who sticks with it or drops out?

How did you do this week?

Comments

With everything else you get done in one week – I’m always amazed at the time you find to sew as well. You are my inspiration to always take a few minutes to rev’ up my machine and spend a few minutes doing the things that keep my mind clear ! Thanks Judy – enjoy the rest of your weekend !

My week was like yours, sewing going on but it’s either been counted or it’s not far enouh along to count. But you’ve gotten a good jump on this year with more out then in!

I have to LOL at myself each week – I LOVE reading the stash reports… the reason for the LOL is that I also LOVE adding to my stash – and have given myself permission to do so if I want to… so then, I ask, why do I love reading these posts? Am I a closet stashbuster, even while being a stashbuilder?
    Heck, who knows – but both ways I am having fun!
    Thanks Judy for the blog, and to everyone for posting.

I’m pretty sure I’ll keep it up. I’ve been with you for several months now and I KNOW that it’s made a difference in how much fabric I’ve bought…or should I say how much fabric I HAVEN’T bought?!?!?

Thanks for hosting it for us, Judy!

It looks like everyone had a great week this week. I finished up adding borders to Shine on Bayou Cane, so now I just have to find some time to quilt it. 🙂

Susan Torrens says

I’m enjoying being a part of Stash Report, as well as design wall Mondays – it encourages me to keep working, and to shop my stash before heading to the store! I managed to quilt 2 lap quilts this week, after DH helped with pin-basting. The third one is partly done, and then I’ll be back to piecing the next project! I’ve also been working on some redwork blocks, and I’m on block 10 of a large 12-block applique project. Once those blocks are completed, I’ll have to decide how to put the whole quilt together. Such fun!

I love reading about everyone’s accomplishments. So far I’m keeping up with my stash reporting, but I’ve really made a mess of linking my report this week- it’s hard to do from an IPod!

I’ll be with you for the year! This reporting is really helping me shop my stash first, which I really need to do with so much of it!

I stuck with you for 3 years now. I do not post every week however. It gets a little boring if I have nothing to report week after week. So I’ll see often though.

You did good! I am going to try to keep up, I always wondered how much goes where and its kind of fun, so I keep my planner handy and have been trying to take notes each day…. wish me luck!!

Have a great day!

I’ll be sticking with yo again this year. I’ve got a good handle on fabric enhancement, and definitely shop my stash first. (It also helps that my quilting buddy moved to NW Phoenix, so she isn’t here to help me get into fabric trouble.)

Hi Judy,
    Thanks for hosting Stash Report Sunday. I sometimes don’t report every week for one reason or another, but I will try my best to keep up. It’s been a lot of fun!
    Isabel

This was a great week for me…I’m in the black now having finished up a UFO from July…now I’m really motivated to finish up some other UFO’s to STAY in the black!

I had a great week! I like being held accountable, hoping it means I’ll have more follow-through, and bust more stash! Thanks!

I’m going to try and keep it up all year. So far, I’ve been doing far more stash enhancing that busting. But it’s all fun.

Kathy S. says

It wasn’t a good week for me as we had our guild Christmas party. What I took out for the party, I brought new back in. I also picked up some yellow for the monochromatic challenge. I only had 1 piece of yellow in my stash. I don’t know how it got into my stash as its not a color I’m fond of. I can say that I’m enjoying reading all the stash reports and seeing how well all of us are doing.

Darlene S says

It was a good week for me because of a quilt retreat. Got several borders on my QOV (almost completed it), finished binding my January UFO and made progress on a pieced top. I did add some to my stash, but used a bit more.
    Added this week – 2.75; Used this week 3.0; YTD added – 4.5; YTD used – 7.5
    So I’m 3 yards in the black. I’m moving in the right direction, right? Dar in MO

Oh, the adding I wanted to do! But I’m good (for now…). And I’m hoping I’m doing the math right on the net used thing.

I’ve decided to give the weekly stash reports a try this year. I buy thrift store scraps instead of yardage, but I can guess wildly and at least have some idea how I’m doing!

Used this Week: 1/2 yards
    Used year to Date: 1/2 yards
    Added this Week: 0 yards
    Added Year to Date: 0 yards
    Net Used for 2011: 1/2 yards

I’m loving your yellow stars, and have posted my figures

I hope to (eventually) get to the 0 in, and TONS out

it just takes time, and I have taken the first few steps!!

I’m reporting in a little late… I had a bad weekend of spending. Mostly on fabric I needed but wow this reporting thing is very sobering for me.