Yellow Top is Done!

Finished this top last night.  As soon as I finish the quilt that’s on the longarm now, I’ll load this one and get it quilted.  Oh . . wait . . I still have to piece the backing.  Not exactly sure what I’m going to use for the backing but I’ll bet I can come up with something.  I’m hoping to have it quilted and bound — finished — by the end of the month.  It’s 64″ x 82″ and will be a donation to the children’s home in Louisiana.

It’s a pretty simple quilt.  I’ll try to put the knitting down long enough tonight to write up the instructions for it.  Even with plain borders, I made the corners a little different to dress it up a bit.

One of my niece’s daughters wants a purple and gold quilt so I may make this same pattern for her and use purples and golds.  Purple chain, maybe purple/gold print for the star centers.

Comments

You may think it is simple but it has a powerful visual impact. Very Nice! Look forward to your instructions but I will probably make it a different color 😉

roccagal says

i luv it its is stunning!! It does not look like its easy. What size is it -it looks huge!!

Clover McB says

Love it! I like yellow but never thought that i could do a yellow quilt. I am following that challenge but unfortunately won’t have mine done this month but maybe half-way through next??? Keep up the great work.

Kathy R in FL says

What a pretty quilt! I’m adding it to the list of quilts I want to make, although I’ll probably make it in blue and yellow (my two favorite colors).

Diane says

Wonderful! I am happy for you! I on the other hand have not got my UFO finished nor any other work I was wanting to work on. I’m not too upset, I know it couldn’t be helped, but kinda envious of a finish. 🙂 Two finishes!
    My plan was to finish my UFO today but husband came back home (from trip) so I had to tend to him. For some reason I can’t get much sewing done when he is home. I hope that doesn’t stay the same when he retires!
    Oh well scrub the kitchen, clean the fridge 🙁 and cook a good dinner and we will be a happy couple.

Your quilt is lovely! It does not “read” as simple. My yellow really is simple. I still think my UFO and my yellow will be quilted and bound by end of day Monday. Both are layered and I will begin quilting yellow today. It will be great to have two more finishes! Thanks for the challenges.

Pat Hedrick says

I cannot wait for the Feb color! I did 4 small art quilts with yellow this month that I will donate to AAQI. Having a color as a starting point really helped motivate me.

Mary Johnson says

I’m surprised too at how great your all yellow quilt looks…not that your quilts don’t always look great but yellow is hard!

Marky says

Your Yellow quilt is fabulous!

My yellow challenge top is done, ready for layering. It’s small (42 x 56) so I should be able to quilt it on my Bernina as long as I keep it simple. I did a yellow string quilt, and mine is for Project Linus. I should be able to get it done by the end of Monday. That’s the goal!

June Piper-Brandon says

I love this quilt. Purple and gold were my college colors. I made a similar quilt in turquoise and purple with off white background. The interior of the stars is a four patch though.

Eleanor says

Judy, looking good to me! Aside from mentioning the nice quilt, I’d like to let you know I made those Donut Muffins just before preparing dinner. My hubby and I had one as an “appetizer” as dinner was cooking and then another afterward as dessert. They are fabulous – think it’s the nutmeg that does it! Thanks for the recipe.

Sarah B says

I wish mine was done! Well, it’s sort of done but I need to make it bigger. I still plan on having the top finished by the end of the month. I don’t have a problem getting things quilted as long as it’s sandwiched and basted before I set it aside, so that’s my goal. I love your pattern choices, Judy, they really make for a stunning visual treat!

Susan says

Judy….I love your yellow quilt! I’m not a big fan of yellow but I love how your quilt turned out. I also like the corners of your borders….it really dressed it up.

Mel Meister says

I’m not a “yellow” person, but this quilt is really lovely. I can’t wait to see it in Louisiana colors.

Doe in Mi says

Beautiful Judy! Be SURE to show us what you do with the back, Please.
    I would be very interested to see.

Mine is done as well, a 28.5 inch square tabletopper for my small kitchen table. It fits just perfectly on the diagonal.
    I don’t know how to get my picture posted for everyone to see but I’ve got it posted in my blog which is:
    I love yours Judy. The blocks are simple but the combination together makes it a beautiful quilt. Great job. I expected no less.
    Can’t wait to find out what color we play with in Feb.
    quiltbea