Design Wall Monday – January 31, 2011

Two things before we talk about design walls.  Do I sound like a school teacher?  🙂

1. We have a pretty big storm coming our way so if we lose power, which I surely hope we do not, the blog posts may come to a screeching halt.  Don’t worry about me if you don’t hear from me for a few days . . it will just be Mother Nature proving she’s still the boss.
  2. The Monochromatic Color for February will be posted this afternoon.  I don’t want it to interfere with the design wall post.

So, what’s on your design wall?  Mine is empty!  I didn’t want to start a new project before the next monochromatic color is drawn!

Please post what’s on your design all.

Comments

I haven’t done a design wall monday in awhile!

I hope you don’t get slammed with ice. Snow is fun, ice means no power… ugh. We are expecting a bit down here as well.

I am working to learn to be content and find “Joy” this year. But, boy, I envy everyone that doesn’t have to worry about getting out in the snow and ice. Actually, I am thankful that we don’t get hit with it quite as hard as you do in Missouri. Have a great day.

I live in the Front Range near Colorado Springs and we’ve had probably a total of 4 inches of snow the whole season…weird la Niña weather. Be safe.

Stay safe Judy. I hope you get mainly snow. Those ice storms are defintely no fun. We are supposed to get mainly snow, 8 to 12 inches of the stuff!

Hang in there during the storm – it will then move further to us. Had to start a new project, but am looking forward to the MC color. Thanks for hosting!

Good luck with the storm. We’re supposed to get quite a bit of snow over the next 3 days. Hmmm, I might get a snow day from work. Perfect time to sew and knit. Stay warm.

Good luck with the power. I remember living in Kansas…the ICE! I swear, we learned how to survive without power for sure!

In ND, it’s just cold, lol. We don’t get that many ice storms and the vast majority of our power lines are buried. Since I’ve lived here (about 13 years or so) We’ve only been without power for a couple times less than 24 hours.

It’s funny how different parts of the country have such a different experience, lol.

Stay safe Judy ! I’ve actually got lots to show this week – dh is stuck in Egypt, and I’m keeping my hands busy to keep my mind occupied. Along with steam cleaning every rug in the house, and repainting my son’s room, I’ve managed to make 2 pillows and some blocks for my quilt. I even made 1 1/2 socks ! Those will be on my design wall next week 🙂

I hope you don’t lose your power! Hopefully you will only get some snow, and no ice. It really stinks not having internet.

That storm is supposed to hit here too. Lots of firewood is stacked up by the door, and we did our grocery shopping over the weekend. Now my only goals are to stay warm and not slip on the ice!

here’s hoping you only get snow, not a major storm! I hate being without power in the winter and pray you won’t be without power 🙂

Mary Johnson says

We’re getting snow too but it’s probably going to be n more than 5 inches which is just enough for me to enjoy getting out in it.

My Churn Dash and Stars are up on the design wall. I made good progress yesterday.

My Yellow Challenge quilt is on my Wall finally and just in time for Vince to draw the next color and number. Hope you stay warm in Kansas. Does Vince get a “Snow Day” too?

We already have our snow. Cold here today in Northern Ontario, Canada, but warm enough to quilt! Hopefully I’ll get more done this week than last:)

Please, keep it there. The Mid Atlantic has had enough snow for a while. Of course, I’m far enough south that we aren’t getting much in the way of snow when it does come this way. Lots of people showing off their design walls. How wonderful.

I don’t feel so bad — I’m keeping my literal design wall clear until I finish something I’ve already got going too! I hope you stay warm and safe during the next weather event, Judy! 🙂

Toni in TN says

All of you stay safe. Just checked the weather chanel and we are just in for a lot of rain and maybe storms. Hate these too warm days that foretale bad winter storms.

Diane says

I just tt my hubby and he heard we’re getting ice tonight—I’ll be staying in. perhaps in bed! 🙂

Oh, my! I know you’re ready for it with all the prep you do, but it sure doesn’t sound like a good time! My sister lives in St. Louis so she’s bound to get hit as well. Yuck.

Susan Torrens says

Hope the storm isn’t as bad as predicted! I’m late today – decided to finish the final border on my scrappy pineapple quilt, and then stopped to make binding for two of the baby quilts. This afternoon, I’ll be changing machines, preparing to quilt up a storm of my own!

I am always impressed with everyone’s work! Hope you are surviving the storm and have some power to sew! Happily, knitting doesn’t need power!

Sandra Neel Hutchins says

Judy, let’s hope that our power stays on. I live close to the I-44 corridor and it is predicted to sleet, then ice up, then about a foot of snow to fall. Oh my, do I live in Wisconsin or Oklahoma? I have a second kitchen planned to go in my sun room, with a gas stove that does not rely on electronics. The only thing is that it was difficult to find such a stove and it is being shipped from Wisconsin, so I won’t have it for this storm. Happy sewing if the power stays on, if not, maybe you can have enough juice from your generator to provide knitting light! I plan to crochet if the power goes off. We don’t have a generator so I’ll be crocheting by kerosene lamp light!

Mine is covered in pink and brown blocks that I received through a block swap in the Flickr group Quilt Block Exchange. I am trying to figure out a good placement of the blocks and also what I am going to do for sashing. Pics are up on my blog!

I’ve got a friend in AR who’s worrying about this storm also. Praying for you both.

There are a lot of players so far this year – that’s great cuz I love the eye candy.

Stay warm,

I meant to get up early this morning before heading out to the workshop and post this week’s design wall. In preparation to the momentus posting, I wrote and filled it with pictures and scheduled a delayed post to my own blog.

Well, chaos reigned this morning and I barely got out alive, and needless to say the post didn’t make it until 6:15 pm today.

So enjoy, I love my new UFOs!

glen

Don’t have a design “wall” and can’t post photos of my current UFO until after the birthday party on Sunday (as the birthday girl might read my blog)

I am very new to this and would like to join in. Judy you give me the enthusiasm that I need to get back into quilting and I love seeing everyones progress and projects.