Stash Report, Week 7 – 2011

Nothing was added this week.  I used a total of 11 yards.  The February UFO blocks were already made and probably counted last year so I just counted the sashing and borders for 3-1/2 yards.  The Magic Carpet top took 7-1/2 yards.  Here’s where I stand year to date.

Used this Week:     11 yards
Used year to Date:    43.75 yards
Added this Week:    0
Added Year to Date:    0
Net Used for 2011:    43.75 yards

How are you doing with your stash busting efforts?

Comments

I am surprised at my ability to resist buying right now. This is a very good thing!
    I have bought Batting and Thread however and subscribed to a few magazines.
    Thanks for hosting the Stash Report and Ufo and DWM and Monochromatic Challenges, it helps keep me too busy to go shopping…

Sales got me this week, in store and online! If I could just get myself to finish the project “under the needle” I could post some good use numbers….

Finished another top! Unlike most I do though, this one will not turn into a UFO for long. It needs to be turned in to the Sutter Breast Cancer auction by Sept 1.

I used my first charm pack and a 1/2 yard of fabric this week 🙂
    and only purchased 2 scrap bags!
    I’m a newbie, so I think more things will be coming in than going out for a few weeks right now 🙂
    Thanks for letting me share!
    hugs, margie

Good use for the past week. I sure can’t wait to say something again in this category. Perhaps next week will be different…I’m sure hoping so. Sandi

Once again…I look forward to figuring my totals for the week…think I will probably always play along…it’s really cool to see how the numbers (and the fabric) go up and down!

Denise says

The good, the bad and the ugly – that describes this week’s stashbusting. The bad – I was at the quilt shop yesterday and the ugly – next week’s report after the box of fabric I’m waiting on arrives. 🙂

Great year so far. Hopefully the cabin fever from being home bound due to all the snow won’t drive you to the quilt store!

Darlene S says

Good report Judy. Mine is not great, but I’m inching along in the “used” category. So many of my UFO’s are almost completed tops, which I already counted. So this week all I have used is a half yard for a binding. BUT, I did finish my 2nd UFO for the year!! yay. Here are my totals so far: Week 7
    Fabric added – none, fabric used this week – 1/2 yd.; YTD Added – 8 yds; YTD Used – 12.2 yds. Net for 2011 – busted 4.2 yds. Thanks for hosting. It really does help me. Dar in MO

I have been buying, but also using the fabric right away. 4 yds was for the back of a UFO quilt, 8.5 yds to for custumes for granddaughter’s Internat’l Day program. Also bought 2 1/3 yds to make granddaughter a summer dress. At least everything was either on sale or I had a coupon.

I’m doing terribly! I’ve been doing almost no sewing at all–some cutting, some reorganizing, but with a break in the terrible weather, I’ve been cramming in all the socializing I hadn’t had in the last 6 weeks! Sadly, none of my friends sew–I’d love to sit and have a sew-in with a pal!

Not much sewing this past week and a little late posting. My hubby had surgery on his shoulder friday from falling on the ice.

This winter is taking its tally, one car totaled one week, the following week hubby tears up his rotator cuff!

I’m running behind this week… too tired from my last LONG training run for Disney’s Princess Half Marathon… its coming up in 2 weeks.

I didn’t buy any fabrics, but did use some, so I hope to post my stats tomorrow… And get back to quilting January and February’s UFOs!