Design Wall Monday – Valentine’s Day

Thanks everyone who noticed the mistake when I had the blocks up on the design wall last week.  I had not even noticed!  These were some scrappy blocks I made and had never done anything with so now they’ve been assembled into a top and will be quilted soon. The top is finished now but here it is before all the borders were added.

What’s on your design wall?

Comments

The quilt is great. Someone is going to be very happy to receive this! Looks like we both were corrected this week………..

Susan Torrens says

I never noticed the mistake……guess it was because I was coming down with DH’s cold. Unlike DH, I began to take some cold medication at the first signs, and I don’t feel too bad this morning.

Great idea for setting these blocks. I have mine finished but it isn’t quite big enough and I was toying with the idea of some type of sashing. I love it and think this is how I am going to set the blocks I made with this pattern. Thanks, Judy!

I am amazed at the chilly snowy weather you’re having. We are chilly again out here in So Cal. Pretty quilt on the design board.

I am loving the effect of the black with your blocks. I think a bolt of black fabric is going to have to go on my want-to-have list. Thanks for hosting this, and the UFO challenge.

Judy, can you eliminate my #68. I linked it to the Stash Report, not Design Wall. I am enjoying all the personal ‘challenges’ you are encouraging me to do this year. Thank you!! Still not sure about the weaving class. Trying to justify it! lol

Love it! I’ve made one already with this pattern and it was so easy and so scrap friendly. It was only 30″ square but I think I’ll make a bigger one now.

Thanks for the pattern, Judy!

I really like the black accent color and the chance to see what so many people are doing all at once – cool link!! I’m currently working on the Civil War Chronicles BOM and also the “Quilter’s Academy” series by Harriet and Carrie Hargrave. I’d love it if you stopped by my blog for an awesome Valentine’s quick project!

Your block looks so creative. If you place a small white border around the block then it will look much better. Have an experiment buddy. It looks like a collage work, just some colored piece of papers glued with each other.