The Winner Is — #1

After counting about half the votes, it was pretty clear that Quilt #1 is the winner.

The half square triangles along the outer edge of the pieced blocks will be scrappy.  They just happen to be drawn in in the same colors and I didn’t take the time to change them. No doubt it doesn’t look terribly difficult but yesterday I wrote the pattern and it’s amazingly easy!  If time allows and if life doesn’t get too crazy around here the next few months, I may come up with an optional pieced border. I need to make the top to test the instructions and there are several things that have to be done before I can start it.  I’ll give you plenty of notice before we do it.  I think it will work quite nicely as a Quilt for an Hour type project.  More info will be posted later.

Comments

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Judy!!! Don’t worry about when you will get around to starting this!! Just the thought of it is enough to keep a smile on my face!! got UFOs that I can work on in the meantime!!

Thank you Judy. I’m glad #1 was the winner. I’m already picking out fabrics :o)
    I like the plain border myself. I think the center design of the quilt is the star attraction!

Becky R says

YEAH!! This version just seems to twinkle to me. I prefer scrappy too so maybe that’s why it just seems to twinkle. The other versions didn’t.
    Thank you Judy!!

peggy says

I’m also happy with the border like it is. For me, doing a complex border is just a struggle at a point when I want to see a completed top. I, too, think the blocks are what makes this quilt “pop”.

Cool. I kept bouncing back and forth between # 1 and #2, leaning toward # 1 but didn’t vote. I didn’t know (and still don’t know) if I would be able to particpate and didn’t think it would be fair to vote. Who knows, by the time you are able to start this I might have time for a new quilt.

cindy lecamus says

ooh,ooh, I have been upset, for whatever reason, I have not been able to bring up your blog, look what I have missed. I love this quilt. I want to participate in this..I’m going pick out some fabric in my closet…..you are awwwesome Judy!

Mel Meister says

Yep! I see how the rows go together on the diagonal. It is very easy. The only “tricky” part is calculating the size of the squares to cut the setting triangles, but I’m sure EQ7 does that. I usually make my squares a bit too big and trim later.

Really great pattern! Thank you so much!

I love a good stash project and look forward to this one when you’re ready 🙂 It will be vry interesting with a scrappy border too!