Stash Report – Week 8, 2011

Nothing added again this week.  Hang on . . I have to pat myself on the back!  🙂  Weird but I used the same number of yards I used last week.  All 11 yards were on the Quiltmaker 100 Blocks quilt.  I think I used more because I didn’t plan it out ahead and cut extras pieces of so many but EQ says it took 11 yards so that’s what I’m going with.   The top is all done except for the pieced border and then the two remaining borders after the pieced border.  I hope to get those all done today, quilted and bound tomorrow and in the mail on Tuesday.  Whew!  I should think before I say “I can do that!”

Used this Week:     11 yards
Used year to Date:    54.75 yards
Added this Week:    0
Added Year to Date:    0
Net Used for 2011:    54.75 yards

How are you all doing.  There were 72 reports last week.  That’s great for mid-February.  Keep up the stashbusting and reporting!

Comments

Pretty impressive numbers for February, especially since you said last year that stash reduction was not going to be a priority for this year due to your other commitments.

Susan Torrens says

I’m surprised that my numbers are almost as good as yours! And I have to quilt on my regular machine…..

Looking forward to seeing your block and quilt in the next 100 blocks magazine.

cindy says

Hi Judy, you sure must sew a lot!!
    I think we must measure our stash used fabrics differently though. I only count it as used when the quilt is actually finished. I figure it’s not really out of my stash and mind until I’m all finished with it.
    Guess I won’t be able to keep up with you all counting the way I do.
    Keep up the good work.

Can’t wait to see your block, Judy. May seems like a long way off.

I can’t believe how fast my little purchases add up! Now to get a finish!

Liz says

The Mr. Linky box is looking different – has grid lines and goes across where in the past, the list was going down in the columns. Maybe that’s the reason for the weirdness in the comments????

I was wondering why the comments reply wasn’t coming up. Glad you’ve shed light for me to look lower on the screen. Mr Linky is not playing very nice…Is he?

I’m finding myself all excited to use my stash where I used to be all excited to go shopping when I started a new project.

Great job on the sewing! I have used some more fabric and avoided the fabric store, so no more purchases… OK haven`t even had time to go to the fabric store because I have been so busy sewing, running and dealing with sick family members (kids & my Gram)