Monochromatic Color March – Brown

Here’s your color for March — Brown!  I already know what I’m making and it’s a gift for someone!

Did you finish your violet/purple top for February.  I did not and I have a very good reason — it’s that quilt that I can’t show you!  :)  But, had I finished it, this is what it would look like:

If you have a project to share, please add your link here:

Comments

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ says

I finished my violet monochromatic challenge. I used my Go cutter to cut 200 isosceles to make this quilt. I also used the Go 2 1/2 inch and 4 1/2 inch strip cutter dies for the borders. I used my CompuQuilter and quilted it using concentric circles.

For this month, I used a UFO that fit the color. If it was on my list, I’ll replace it with another project. Thanks for hosting this challenge.

i emptied out a bunch of purple selvages and some purple stash fabric. it will be a donation quilt. and i love that you picked brown next. i am ready for it.

Liz says

Sob… I’ve been sick and not feeling like doing much of anything… and I love purple!

Ok brown…. that’s a hard one. I hardly had any yellow (4 yards) and there is even less brown. Unless you let me count tan as a brown… tan I can do..

I focused on UFOs and gotta-do’s last month, so didn’t do purple. And I just made a strippy with all browns for my grandson’s dorm quilt a couple of months ago. So, I’m gonna pass on brown, too. This month will be UFOs again, which is a good thing :-) I’m so glad you’re doing this, though. Stirs the imagination!

I love purple so this was an easy challenge for me. I’m looking forward to this month’s challenge as well. Brown is another favorite color.

Mine is the violet doll quilt that I posted about earlier this month. The brown project will be a BIG challenge for me, as I don’t have much brown in my stash. Better get my thinking cap on! ;-)

So far I am striking out. I have all the blocks done for Jan. UFO, and have actually made a baby quilt with the leftover blocks, but not the BIG quilt! Then, I have just the borders to do on Feb. UFO, and now it is March already. I guess I am farther then I would have been before, but I cant STAND getting interupted and not getting anything finished! Especially when I am SO CLOSE. Oh well. I am impressed with all the ladies and gents that get them done and all of the monochromatic ones! Which I would LOVE to be participating in, but kind of knew this kind of thing was going to happen. Doesn’t help that I am rather slow at piecing, and I don’t even work outside the home!

Marg says

I love purple and thought it would be easy as I’m only making a block each month, but boy was it difficult finding 8 different purples that worked together.
    Brown I initially thought would be hard but I think I might have a few in my stash.

Well I like you EQ design – you should make it! Its quite pretty. Brown huh? I think you are choosing all the challenging colors first – I can’t picture any browns in my stash – but then again – I didn’t think I had any yellow. Surprise!

Have fun!

SarahB says

I didn’t make it… *sigh* I got a good start and I will post the link but I didn’t get done. I got pulled off it to finish some deadline quilts but since you didn’t get done either it makes me feel better!

Brown, that’s interesting, I have no idea what to do but I like a challenge!

I managed to finished the top of my violet quilt, by the time has fly this month….. One of this reasin was that the wheater is so beautiful at the moment, I sit outside all the time :-)

I finished my little violet whole-cloth quilt in 2 days in a workshop with Jill Schumacher. Lucky for me the workshop was in February – completed just in time for the challenge!