The stovetop was already messed up because all the “dots” on the front left burner had been cooked off but a couple of weeks ago when I burned that pot of gumbo, I branded my stovetop with the “Farberware” logo from the bottom of the pot.
I kept thinking I could scrub it enough and the logo would disappear but that hasn’t happened. Some day I’m either going to have to order a new stovetop or replace that stove anyway but every time I look at this burner, I think BURNED GUMBO!
Next to this incident, my only other real kitchen disaster was about 8 years ago, I put some just a little oil in a pot to heat up so I could saute something and then I wasn’t paying attention and it caught on fire. I knew not to throw water on a grease fire but I had a pitcher of water there and threw it on the fire and fire went everywhere! Lucky for me, I got it all out and only melted a small part of the microwave that was above the stove.
What’s the worst disaster you’ve ever had in the kitchen?