Drop Stitch Scarf Finished

For months I had the Drop Stitch Scarf on my “want to do” list.  Some of the scarves I would see, the loops were bigger than I like so I had never gotten around to trying it but once I started it, I loved it.  This weekend I finished it except for weaving in the ends.

The colors are much brighter than they seem in the picture.  I used Malabrigo Silky Merino (Bahia color) and size 5 mm needles and I think that was a perfect.  Because last time I showed a scarf, you asked for a picture of me wearing it so  . . here’s this one being worn.  This scarf is going to be one of my favorites.  It feels so good . . guess that’s why they call it silky merino.

Sorry the bed in the background is unmade but I do not make my bed when in a hotel!

Comments

I love the scarf, the yarn selection and have to say Judy you look fabulous!!!! WooHoo!! I might have to try that scarf next thank you so much for inspiring me!!!

Sandy says

I love the pattern and color of this scarf. It is nice to see you modeling it. What a great picture, Judy! You obviously have been eating right and staying off of Dr. Pepper. WTG!!

Karen says

I hate to admit this but I don’t usually make my bed at home! Love the scarf – that’s on my ‘to do’ list also – may have to get started soon.

pdudgeon says

an excellent scarf and a very neat way of wearing it! i never thought to tie a scarf that way.
    i love the old rainbow colored yarn and fondly remember skeins of it in the local 5 & 10 store back home. of course those were acrylics then, so i’m sure that this scarf is much softer. A very nice picture!

Patricia L. says

Scarf looks great and so do you! I can tell you’ve lost weight! Keep up the good work!

Sue Lord says

Judy, I thought I had caught you slacking! Only to find that the bed is in a hotel. I love the scarf, the colors are bright and beautiful.

Because of your previous post, I decided to make this one too. I have about two feet done now in a merlot color. I love it so far. How long did you make yours? It looks great on you and is just the length I am shooting for doubled over.

If you are traveling, I hope it is for FUN. Love the scarf, and yes, you look great. An inspiration to all of us in SO many ways!

Um, Judy, I tried the link to the scarf and I was sent to ForSaleByOwner.com & a listing of a very nice house in Texas. . . I’m hoping that my computer was attacked by gremlins.

Love the yarn colors!

peggy says

I must have a bug in my computer. When I click on the pattern link, it takes me to “for sale by owner” site showing a house in Mullen, TX. What do you think that’s all about? I love the scarf. It looks like something that would be great for spring. Now, if I could only get to the pattern!

Alma says

I love the scarf, but I don’t knit so I will just admire it. Since I live in Florida we don’t have many days to need a scarf.
    Don’t worry about the unmade bed……my bed at home sometimes doesn’t get made all day. Who cares–no one sees that part of my home!

Brenda B. says

The scarf is really pretty, great colors and I really like the pattern. Looks great on you!

Scarf looks great and so does the model. I would not have noticed the bed if you didn’t mention it.

Becky R says

It’s beautiful!! Thanks for the picture as it gives a better idea how it’s to be worn. Love the yarn colors.

peggy says

Funny, but I was just about to start a version of this pattern when I saw your lovely one. I am using Cascade Yarns 100% Merino Super Wash. I am nowing doing the one you linked to using 5 mm needles also. How many stitches did you cast on and how long did you make yours? Mine is a gift for a very small woman (short and petite). I love the way it’s turning out.