Creative Way to Cook Bacon

Chad had these pictures on his cell phone.  He and some of his dorm friends are trying to re-create Epic Foods, which must be a tv show or something they found on the internet.  All he had to cook the bacon was his panini maker.  And they decided to cook it as one huge slab . . in a basket weave pattern.

It looks like they were cooking it on the floor.  I think I’d rather not know.

Looks like it’s cooked pretty good.  His paper towels look like they’re the same Spiral Square panto I can’t stop using!

Just to make it all as unhealthy as possible, they wrapped the bacon around Italian sausage and made sandwiches.

It doesn’t look so good to me but at least he’s cooking and being creative, I suppose.

Comments

Rita says

My teenage son’s favorite thing right now are hotdogs with bacon…go figure. You’re right, at least Chad is cooking. I think it’s great.

Linda in NE says

Maybe Chad can get his own cooking show. Cooking bacon that way is certainly original.

By the way, I love the spiral square panto too..goes quick and gives the quilt such a nice texture, but open enough to be nice and fluffy and soft. No crossed lines makes it work for a bit of fullness in places too.

I love crisp bacon and that looks nice and crisp! (Not so sure I’d want it wrapped around sausage, though…LOL)

Linda Kay says

Chad need to try making a ‘bacon explosion’…. holey moley! It is so good! Starts out with the bacon weave like that … then gets even better!

Males – yes, it does look like the panini maker is on the floor… they just think differently – my DH once made a lemon meringue pie – and when it came time to cool it – he went outside with it… later, I say “honey, where is the pie”… oh, it’s outside cooling… “where?” I ask …..

his reply – ‘Oh, it’s sitting in the bed of the pickup truck’ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane says

I don’t care for Italian sausage, but bacon makes everything good! Besides it was kinda cute. 🙂

Charmaine says

The bacon is awesome!!! Your son is so creative—he must get it from his lovely, talented mom 🙂