March, 2011 Completions

Weaving gets added to this list of completions.  Hard to believe but I love weaving and knitting as much as I do quilting and it’s always a toss up as to what I will work on each day.

Quilting:

March UFO – 88″ x 104″ and I love it!

The Brown Monochromatic Challenge top is done but not quilted, as is the Making Ends Meet top.  I’ll show pictures of them once they’re completed.

Knitting:

Drop Stitch Scarf – Malabrigo Silky Merino yarn.

Weaving:

Navy/Yellow Scarf – This was done in class.

Brown Scarf – Cascade 220 Superwash for warp, sock yarn for weft.

Purple/Gold dish towels – these were sent to my niece.

Comments

Supurb Judy! You picked up weaving so fast! Your quilt is gorgeous as everything else! I am halfway through the sock..just finishing gusset..lol..determined so everything for me took a back seat!!

Wow! You got a lot done this month! And you are getting ready to move. I did much less and I am staying put (just remodeling a bathroom). Great job!

Karen says

Judy, love the quilt. The colors are gorgeous and that border really pulls it all together. I just finished the drop stitch scarf last night. Still have to block it.

Ellie says

Woman, I can’t believe all you finished and packing/cleaning, too. You are really Super Woman! I love the quilt and the scarf. Good luck in TX. House hunting is
    so stressful, trying to figure out if it’s the right one and will you be able to fit things in the way you want. I assume quilting/weaving space will be a significant requirement. But then a kitchen is as important. Good luck hunting!

Sandy says

Your quilt is a favorite of mine. I love the striped border! The knitting and weaving projects are beautiful. I can almost feel that silky yarn as I picture running it thru my hands. You are so talented, Judy.

Deb Myers says

i suppose you designed your march ufo? don’t suppose the pattern is on your website??!!? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it~~ super duper colors! and THE perfect border, too! how DO you DO it (all!!!!!!!) ???

Nancy says

Judy, I just love you March UFO quilt. It is just so happy looking and very inspiring!! Good luck with all your packing and future moving.

Pam says

I love your blog. I am pretty new to following these. Is there a way that I can easily follow your blog?
    Thanks
    Pam

That’s a nice long list for someone who was incredibly busy with 100 other things this month! Congrats on beautiful things. I really love the quilt.

Pam says

Love those stripes in the border of the UFO. Looks like Speck does too. Your dog has good taste.
    Do you ever do anything ugly? That’s a retorical question. Of course not.

Wow, you get more done in a month than most people do in a year. And it’s all beautiful. The drop stitch scarf is gorgeous (I really want to try that pattern) but I have to say, I love your choice of quilt models!

Great job Judy, you accomplished so much and sounds like you’ve got a lot of packing/sorting done too. Way to go!

Jenny Moore says

I just love your beautiful quilt. Your colors are so bright and cheerful looking.
    After this horrible winter in Alberta, Canada I need to make this spring pattern.
    Will you please post the pattern. Good luck house hunting. I sure hope you will keep up the website, as it is the first thing I check every day. Keep up the good work.

That is a great quilt, and a perfect picture of it! I love the lighting!
    I am not doing so well, as I have only finished one quilt (top) so far from the challange. And this month is one I havent worked on in YEARS. I really need to dig it out. I didn’t touch last months. I did START a few more tho now that I Bought my Accuquilt. Great. Just what I need! I need to get on the ball. I was hoping this was going to keep me motivated, but I fell behind early. Oh well. It is fun to still “pretend” to play along!
    Thanks Judy, for staying with us throughout your whole ordeal of moving. I cant even keep up with my blog and I almost have nothing going on right now….!
    You are a trouper….