Brown Top Quilted

This quilt is going to be a gift for someone who likes all things railroad.  He’s taught me a lot about the old days of trains . . very interesting!  I can’t remember where I got it . . maybe at Paducah last year but when I saw this fabric, I knew I needed it for a backing for a gift for this guy.

Then when I made the quilt for the brown monochromatic challenge, I thought it would go nicely with this backing.  Since it’s a gift for a man, I thought the brown would be appropriate.  It’s now quilted, also using the Spiral Square panto.

Hopefully I’ll get the binding made and on next week.

Comments

Laura says

This is a beautiful quilt. Brown is not my favorite color to work with, but I need to give it a try now.

Diane says

I LOVE THIS QUILT! Browns have always been my favorite. I can not pass a brown fabric without touching it and if I touch it I usually but it. Maybe that is why my brown stash is 3 times bigger than any other color.

Darlene S says

Judy, I do not like brown as “my” favorite color, but your quilt may change my mind some. It looks great and I too have a friend that is really into trains. The block looks pretty simple. Can you strip piece these easily? I also love the sprial square panto that I bought when you first talked about it. I use it so often and it goes very quickly. Thanks for sharing your ” favorite items” with us. And also for your inspiration for us to keep plugging away at our stash. Dar in MO

Another awesome “Judy” quilt! Gee, you should write a book-or 10! I can’t believe you have so many idea floating around in your head! All unique and different. Nice job, I am sure he will love it!

I have been working on my version of this quilt–made with the little 4 inch square blocks. I am pleased with how it is coming along and can’t get over how much it looks like the voting cards we used here in Cook County for many years. They are similar to the cards in Florida that led to the infamous “hanging chad” problem with the 2000 election recount. I hesitate to use “Hanging Chad” for the name of the quilt, being the originator of the block has a son named Chad. I guess it is better than naming it “Pregnant Chad”, another problem they had in Florida.

Grace says

Love this quilt. Will you be posting the pattern for this quilt, or has it been posted somewhere and I can’t find it?

Grace

Doe in Mi says

Totally love this quilt and would love to make one. Maybe in another color mainly because I’m finishing a brown quilt right now. Love brown. Also love green so that might be an idea. Great idea for the backing!

Rebecca Davidson says

Is this brown quilt one of your original designs or is it a pattern that i can buy somewhere. I love it and want to make it.