The Celebration Continues

Chad’s graduation ceremony didn’t start til 8:00 p.m. on Friday and, since Pittsburg, KS is a relatively small town and there were over 1,000 graduates, with family and friends in town, we knew trying to eat anywhere there before graduation would be impossible. so Saturday we met Chad and Nicole in Joplin and had dinner out to celebrate.

Sunday we had Bananas Foster at home.  I couldn’t manage to get a picture of the flaming syrup.

To top it off, we had chocolate wine.

I wonder if Nicole’s face is any indication of what she thinks of the wine.

The wine was interesting.  I think it would be a better sipping wine than a wine to serve with dessert.  I would buy it again.

Comments

How extraordinary – chocolate wine, whatever will they think of next. Despite living in the chocolate capital of the universe I don’t think I’ve ever seen chocolate wine here!
    Congrats to Chad by the way and good luck in the next step to grad school or work or whatever he sets his heart on!

Judy..there is a chocolate raspberry version of this wine from the same company that is even better than this. Definitely try it. Be careful with this wine though….it’s really strong. Trust me I learned.

Congrats to Chad….the time sure flies. Doesn’t seem that long ago he was starting college. What will he be doing next?

Terri says

Congratulations to Chad! And to you and Vince also!
    I tried a different Chocolate wine and didn’t like it at all. Will have to try this one and look for the raspberry one also. Because really, what can’t be good about chocolate and wine??? My new wine love is a Pecan Wine. It’s soooo good.

Deb Myers says

must be chocolate wine is new to the scene? i’ve only just discovered it ~ seems others have, too. sure is the latest rave! i think it tastes identical to bailey’s irish cream~ sure is cheaper to drink than bailey’s~ that’s for sure! nothing better than sitting down with a bottle of chocolate wine for the evening and cozing up to a great book or movie!! congrats to chad, and his parents!

Mel Meister says

ChocoVine tastes just exactly like a drink called a “Buttery Nipple”. It’s butterscotch schnapps and Bailey’s Irish Cream.

We made the mistake of drinking wine glasses full of ChocoVine when all you should drink is a little bit. I got sick of it pretty quickly.

Marla says

I was wondering about chocolate wine. I saw this on a shelf about 2 weeks ago and was tempted to try it and then I chickened out. Maybe I will reconsider it!

Kathleen says

I’ve had both the chocolate and chocolate raspberry wine. Both were yummy. I wouldn’t have it with dessert. It’s something special on its own.

Bon says

I tried it several months ago. Poured it out. First time I’ve ever done that with a bottle of wine. Glad to hear someone likes it.

What a great celebration! Congratulations to Chad. Hope you get to try the Lucky J Steakhouse near Carthage before you leave MO.

JoAn GODFREY says

try the chocolate wine over ice cream. i have had raspberry and blueberry wine that way…………..YUM

Darlene S says

I love the Choco Vine. We were introduced to it over a year ago around Chistmas time. We tried to get more and they were out and said it would come in around Valentine’s Day. Now you can find it in our all our local stores – Shop N Save, Dierbergs, Schnucks and even Wal-Mart. It should be called a dessert wine for sure. It’s real smooth and a little gives you a warm feeling. I think it reminds me of Bailey’s Irish Creme too. It’s a good thing! Dar