Comments

Sarah says

Judy, I love this quilt! The colors are scrumptious. Your feathers are looking perfect. I wish I were without Mr. Arth Ritis and not so old, I would attempt this quilt. But no way could I top yours. Sarah in OK

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ says

Judy, your quilt is great. I started this quilt with you but I still have the borders to finish and then get it quilted. I think maybe you have inspired me to “get ‘er done”! I love how your binding looks. I am still fighting with learning how to do it by machine – I don’t like how it looks and I miss catching the fabric in spots on the back so I end up doing it by hand – it seems to be easier for me but definitely not faster!

ooh, ooh, me, me! Please send it off to me! I’m happy to receive your quilt so you don’t have to go to the trouble of packing it up. 😉 Seriously, it is a beautiful quilt and I dream of the day that I can do feathers like that with my eyes wide open.

• 6.1

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ says

Karen, this is called “Note to Self” and it is one of Judy’s free patterns. You can find it under the “Patterns for Free” tag listed at the top of the page.

Bev in MI says

I love this quilt. I went back to watch the video because I bought my first longarm a few months ago and progress is slow. Thank you, thank you, thank you for explaining first and then not talking over the machine. You are the best teacher and have inspired me to go practice right now. I’ll also be looking for more videos from you.

WiAmy says

This is a very cheerful quilt. If you choose to give it away, it will bring a smile to someone’s face along with comfort. Excellent job finishing it up!

shirley bruner says

that looks great…as usual. i finish all my binding on the machine, too. life is too short to have a stack of quilts that need hand binding ‘some day’. LOL

Linda in NE says

Beautiful. Love those feathers. Great binding too. Do you need my address??? 🙂

Wonderful quilt. I’ll put in a bid for it too! Love the feathers – will have to learn how to do that. Do you have a tutorial for those feathers? I also machine bind my quilts. Now did you take the border to the back, fold it and sew it or??? Looks easier than the way I do it.

quilterbee says

The LQS owner does her binding by machine. She stitches it by machine on the back first and then brings the binding to the front and uses a blind hem or straight stitch to stitch it down on the front. Your feathers and your binding both look great. I love the fabrics and the pattern too.

I’m still praying that the perfect house comes your way soon.

Diane says

It’s GREAT! Did you hear Tony the Tiger in your head? 🙂 I did!
    I love how you quilted it.

Well, that is just beautiful. I have this pattern printed off, and I hope to make it some day. Yours is just amazing.

Kathleen says

Free motion feathers with your eyes closed! I’m having trouble doing them at all. They look great. The whole quilt looks great.

Love it! And Love the feathers!!! Judy you are a fantastic quilt pattern designer, quilter and love love love your blog! Thanks for sharing with us!