Another One Quilted

The binding isn’t on yet but yesterday Road to Brownwood got quilted.  It is quilted using the Fly Away panto by Willow Leaf Studio.  That panto takes forever and the lines are close and it’s easily to get off on the wrong line and I did that a few times.  When choosing the quilting design, I wanted something that had very dense quilting because if this goes on our bed, it will get lots of use and washing; and I wanted something that didn’t detract from the piecing design.

Hopefully, the binding will be done this week and this one will be added to finished list!

Comments

Marla says

I really love this Judy! I finished an Improved 9 patch yesterday using the Lilac Hill charm squares and gave it to my friend who was celebrating her 25 year wedding anniversay. It turned out very pretty. Have you seen this? The color of green with the purple just looks wonderful together. Have a good Sunday!

Marilyn Smith says

I am loving those colors and design. It is just beautiful! Are you machine or hand binding this one? Your machine binding is always perfect!

Sandy says

This is my favorite of all the quilts you have made. I am just amazed how much you get done. If I made one or two quilts a year I would consider myself successful, lol. Don’t know how you do it and with all the packing/cleaning, etc…….Great job, Judy!

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ says

This quilt looks great. I love the colors. I haven’t had a chance to start it yet, but my husband loves your colors and wants me to make one for him. We’ll see …

Jane says

Whooo hoooo!! Way to go….you totally amaze me!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one and have the pattern added to the to-do pile! LOL I don’t get things done like you do though. 🙂

Lizzy Hentze says

Looks great Judy, and I love that quilting design. Can you tell us what colour thread you used because it blends so well on all the colours? If I had to guess, I’d say an olive green but I really would love to know the colour.

peggy says

I am so impressed by the number of quilts you do. They are so lovely. I know you donate and gift many of them, but your house must be so cozy with quilts. What is the most often made size? I really love the last few you have shown, but I’ve also loved many of the ones you’ve done over the years I’ve read your blog. I started reading it before Chad went to college.

You are simply AWESOME! I finished my Road to Brownwood top today – but will have to send it out to a long arm professional as I haven’t developed the quilting skill yet (even though I have taken machine quilting classes! LOL)

sao in Midlothian, VA

Julie says

I too have been watching the weather….will be waiting to hear if you are okay.

The quilt looks great. I was actually trying to figure out if I could do it monochromatically.

I am also here to check on you as well. Hope you were not affected by the storms.

MESSAGE FROM JUDY:

I just talked to her, and she’s okay. She went to a safe room wherever she was, but the bad weather has passed now. Whew! We were all worried about her, so I gave her a jingle.

Oh my goodness, Judy. What a terrible scene I just saw on the morning news. I am heartbroken to think of the loss and devastation. Please let us know you and your family are OK In the meantime I am saying prayers for the families involved.

Peggy in Virginia says

You have told us many stories about shopping in Joplin. You probably had the britches scared off you. Pray for all the people involved. Keep us posted.

Katie says

Judy,
    I was watching the tornado warning on 40/29 last night and thought about you. I live in Fayetteville, AR – not far from Joplin, MO. In fact I was in Joplin on my birthday, May 15th. I am so happy to hear you and your family are okay. The weather for this time of year in NW Arkansas has been extremely weird. Wishing you a sunny day and happy quilting!