Design Wall Monday – May 23, 2011

Every Monday til I get my design wall back, I’m going to whine and complain about missing my design wall!  Every single day I miss it though.  When I walk into my sewing room, that’s always the first place I look . . at the design wall.  It makes me happy to see what’s up there but . . now it’s just a blank wall . . nothing pretty . . nothing to make me happy!  🙁    We should all guess when I will get a design wall up again.  If I had to guess, I’d say . . maybe by September 1.  That’s a lot of Mondays from now.  I’ll try not to complain to you but please know I’m grumbling and complaining to myself.

Here’s what I’m working on:

These are some of the blocks for Dandelion Parade for my niece’s daughter.

Comments

Nina-Marie says

I totally understand what you mean about your design wall – I would be lost without mine too! Not only do I have my latest project – but there are also quotes and pictures of inspiration I look at once in a while – UFO’s that are “cooking” and sometimes just random fabric I want to think over. Rant all you want – we’re not going anywheres:)

I’d hate to be without my design wall. It’s OK if you whine, everyone will understand. Hope you get one back sooner then Sept. Love the colors in Dandelion Parade.

I hope you have a gigantic, ginormo wall for a design wall in your new place!!! Don’t know how people manage without one. A friend uses her guest room bed (where her sewing machine is), and has a cat and a dog who help re-arrange her quilt parts. I’d be soooo frustrated!!! Eager to see Dandelion!

It’s so hard to do anything without a design wall. You just can’t get the right perspective without it. I hope you get the best one ever soon.

Judy, Totally unrelated to Design Wall but I just saw the news about the tornado going through nearby Joplin. Hope everyone there is ok.

The first thing I read this morning was a giant tornado in MO. So I thought of you and decided I need to ask if you are all right and if your area was effected. Now I’m off to read design walls.

Marilyn says

Judy are you all ok? I just opened up my comcast and the headline story is 89 people killed in a massive tornado in Joplin Missouri. Isn’t that where you are?

Toni in TN says

Like everyone else, I’m wondering if you are okay. So many times the news just will focus on one town.

MESSAGE FROM JUDY:

She’s okay. I spoke with her briefly last night. She wasn’t home but was up near Joplin right in the thick of things. She’ll post about it when she gets home. Thank you all for your concern.

Laceflower says

I love how you can see pics of everyone’s design wall; when it was only links I had time for only a few. This way is much better.
    Hope house plans sort themselves out for you soonest.

When there is no design wall available I believe in the design bed! And, sometimes the wall is just too small and the bed is definitely bigger! Whining is certainly allowed! Doesn’t it make you feel better? Hope all is ok with your house.

pdudgeon says

glad to hear that Judy’s ok. and thanks for posting the pic of the dandelion blocks. Now i understand how you got those two purple and gold lines under the whirley-gig blocks! very clever indeed!

lw says

I don’t have room for a design wall, so I don’t know what I’m missing. Sure hope you’ve got a good place to live and a convenient design wall before Sept. 1st, though.

Louise says

So glad to hear the update and that Judy is O.K. Thanks
    for posting Vicky!

Betty says

Just want to say thank you for sharing your amazing talents with us quilters. I have just about every book you have ever published. When I see your name on a pattern or a book I know I’m in for a fantastic time. I don’t have room for a design wall, but I sure like what you have on yours. Just downloaded the Brown Quilt, love it and think it will be great for my son. Again,. thank you!