A Bit of Yarn Arrived Here

The yarn diet has been going great til last week when I decided . . those folks at Loopy Ewe need to eat too!  They’ve probably been missing me terribly.  They didn’t say that or anything similar but I’m quite sure that Sheri and the elves at The Loopy Ewe arrived each morning, sat at their desks and waited patiently for my order to arrive.  Yep, they were missing me.  I had not ordered anything since mid-March.  That was a record for me.

Christmas is coming . . sooner than we think.  Someone on my list loves red so I ordered this:

This is Malabrigo Silky Merino in Ravely Red.  Since finishing the Drop Stitch Scarf, I’ve wanted to make another one and will do so using this yarn.

Someone on my Christmas list loves orange and this yarn will be used to make socks and a scarf for her.

This is Lorna’s Laces, 80% superwash merino/20% nylon and though it’s a fine yarn and takes forever to knit, socks made from this yarn are some of my favorites.

As much as I dislike winding the yarn into balls, first thing this morning I did it . . all 5 skeins.

As soon as I finish the current project, I’ll start working on one of these.  The orange or the red??  I’m not sure but either of these will be fun projects and when they’re done, that will be two Christmas gifts finished!  Maybe I’ll set a goal to have this done by the end of June . . or maybe the end of July . . or maybe by December 24!  🙂

Comments

Stephanie says

Hi Judy, I have been reading your blog for about a year. I know that I can count on you to cheer me up when life doesn’t go my way. I have recommended you to my guild as a teacher and guest speaker in 2013. We are in San Antonio TX, about 3 hours from Brownwood. Could you send me some info about fees and other requirements. Thanks, Stephanie

Wendyknits.net is doing a mystery shawl pattern on her site. It’s free AND uses sock yarn. I’m not a shawl wearer but I’m sure it would make a great gift to someone! Check it out – I think you’ll like it! 🙂

Hilary McDaniel says

So what’s new on the house hunt? Love the yarn colors. It’s so hot now I can’t think about socks.

peggy says

A few weeks ago, I got the message (from myself) that I should start working on Christmas right that minute. Do I think I will have a completely handmade/homemade Christmas if I do? No, but I can dream. Right now I’m making the “sea foam” scarf that is a very close relative of the “drop stitch” scarf in Ella Rae Lace. Love it!

You really made me smile – and you have shamed (let’s make that motivated) me into getting my act together. I still have ONE SOCK made and the mate NOT MADE – and that is my FIRST attempt …. so far. I need to make some Christmas treats too!

sao in Midlothian, VA

Sara Kenny says

I read your blog regularly and enjoy it immensely. Like you, I conducted a yarn inventory and decided I must not buy yarn no more forever–or until I knitted up a few hundred items……

Then, you go ahead and post the pics of the stunningly gorgeous yarns……..in my favorite colors……….and favorite yarns………….

oh, the temptation!!!!! what is a girl to do???