Progress & Accountability Again

Click here to see how you can help the folks in Joplin!

How am I going to report my progress and accountability?  Believe it or not, I kept thinking about it after I went to bed last night.  Yes, I need to get a life!  🙂  In my title, I was thinking “P & A” with the date but that seems kinda dorky.  Any ideas what to call our progress and accountability reports?

Last night I finished dad’s socks.

They’re made with the Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn from Knit Picks.  The color is Kindling.

Before starting on the red or orange project, I decided to finish a pair of socks I have started.

This yarn is Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight from Hobby Lobby.

It’s 50% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Bamboo and 25% Nylon.  It feels really good and has a bit of sheen to it but it’s so slippery.  I can hardly keep it on the needles.  I’ll probably switch to bamboo needles, though I don’t like knitting with those.

Though it looks like I’m mostly knitting, I’m sewing too!   Maybe today I’ll load a top on the longarm!

Comments

Cindy Kuipers says

I made a pair of socks with the Serenity yarn – same color! I am happy with the yarn and how they turned out.

WiAmy says

Are you refering to project updates and supply purchases? I like to think that I “track” my projects/purchases. You can build an excel worksheet to track all of the ins, outs, and projects. It could be called the “Project Tracker” or what I call mine–“Stash Tracker.” The goal of my stash tracker is a 0 balance of fabric in compared to that out. You could have separate worksheets for yarn tracking and project tracking. I also like to see that I use my “new” purchases so I do have a column “plans for new purchase.” I highlight items that I use. I have a column for notes. I subtract out fabrics when the item is pieced (fabrics for top only) and then when it is totally completed (binding and backing after it is quilted and bound). I enter my new purchases with a description and where and when I bought them. I also have a date purchase, and used column. The yardage in and out tally totals for the year at the top of the worksheet. I start a new worksheet each year, but keep it in the same workbook.

WIP-reports, or work-in-progress reports?

or Share: how did you fare (that is the right word right?)

🙂
    ciao,

Merel

I’m not a fan of bamboo needles and found the metal a bit too slippery on some yarns, so I gave the Harmony from KnitPicks a try. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! they’re made from Birch and there is a distinct difference to the feel. They’re all I use for socks now.

Anita says

I’m on my second pair of socks using Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight, which I bought at JoAnn Fabrics! Have you tried the HiyaHiya circular needles for socks? I have size 2 eleven inch pair and a size 1 nine inch pair. I also have a pair of each size in Bamboo by Clover… I like the HiyaHiya needles best.

bcinindy says

I have the KnitPick’s birch needles in a 4 inch length. The short length took time to adjust to but I do spend much less time moving my needles as I travel around the sock. The only thing I do not like about them is that they are fairly dark and I would prefer my needles to be light colored (a small problem really).