June Monochromatic Color

Indigo!

Do a google search for “color indigo” and to me it seems like it’s kind of a bluish purple.  Since we have no quilt police around here, I’m just not sure how close to indigo I’m going to get.  My purple shelf is getting really empty.  I see a couple of fabrics that will work and I’ll make something for the folks in Joplin.

The color for May was red.  Did anyone make anything red?  If so, please share a link to it here!

Comments

My indigo is going to have to be in the bluish rather than purplish arena since I’m doing this from stash too! Good luck

shirley bruner says

many, many red selvages were used in the making of this quilt. in fact, i ran out of selvages and used some strips. now…indigo….ouch. but i have a plan. LOL

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ says

I had such fun with my red quilt. I wanted to make it bigger but this had to come from my stash. I almost ran out of the light fabric so this is as big as I could make the center. I decided to add a pieced block to make it bigger and I just had enough medium fabric to do it. As a matter of fact, I had to piece the last section of the medium fabric together to get the last pieced segment. The block I used in the center section is Road to Oklahoma and I was able to use my GO! cutter and my chisel die along with some squares and strip cutters.

I google imaged “Indigo crayon”. Crayola’s take on indigo looks very slightly purplish blue. I’ll be searching my blues for ones that have a purplish hues cuz I have waaaay more blues than purples.
    Congrats to those that got a red project made. Mine never got very far.

Heck, when does your mailman come? I am so curious as to how many checks accumulated over Sunday & Monday. Did we break a record?

cheryl says

almost thought you forgot to give us the next color, i keep checking the post on the button. i can do purple- just not sure what I want to do.