May, 2011 Completions

Even though I quilted and bound two QOVs and bound two more, I’m not including those in my May finishes because I didn’t make those tops.

The first quilt to get finished in May was the brown quilt which was a gift and has already been delivered.

Next was Fiesta Sunrise, which I might give away in the drawing from the Red Cross donors.  Would anyone be happy to win that quilt?  It’s kinda bright but I do like it.  And, it’s all batik!

Note to Self was next.  It also could be a quilt for Red Cross donors.  Looks like I’m going to be giving away a lot of quilts!  🙂

On the knitting front, dad’s socks were finished.

May is just about over!  Tomorrow will be June 1.  At the end of June, 2011 will be halfway over.  Can you believe that?

Comments

Cindy in NC says

I’d be happy to give a good home to either one of these beautiful quilts.

OMG Judy I can’t believe how much you have collected so far for the people of Joplin. Thank you for doing this for them i’ts unbelieveable and it will only go up from here.

I love your quilts. They would be perfect on one of my beds. I hope you give lots and lots quilts away because that means there will be lots of help for Joplin. Thank you for what you are doing for the people of Joplin. You are an inspiration.

It is nearly impossible that we are one month shy of the year being half over! Hopefully the next half will include a new house that you like.

I don’t know about everyone else, but I would be happy if you gave those quilts to the people in Joplin instead of to those of us who donated. If the SENIOR CLASS can give up their senior class trip – then I think we might be able to sacrifice our chance to have one of your beautiful quilts. (I cried when I read about that senior class giving up their senior trip….that was so touching!)

I also cried when I saw how much you had collected for the Red Cross!!!! And when I think about your doing all of this in the middle of a MOVE yourself, it also brings tears to my eyes!!! THANK YOU JUDY!

sao in Midlothian, VA

carol craven says

of course they are all wonderful

but Fiesta Sunrise…………that one speaks to me

Pat in Washington says

How fabulous that people are responding in such high numbers and with such generosity to your very good most excellent idea. Fiesta Sunrise is just beautiful (as if there is an ugly batik fabric in this world).

Darlene S says

Judy, Any quilt that you make would be a treasure for the recipient. Thanks for all you do. Dar in MO

Sandy says

Judy…All of your quilts are beautiful. It would be an honor to have any one of them. Thank you for doing this…Sandy

I have never met a Judy L quilt that I did not like – sure hope the checks keep pouring in – what an awesome response so far. Joplin devastation hit us all in such a profound way – it could so easily have been one of our towns. Judy C in NC

Judy,
    All your quilts are spectacular and if I were to win one I would feel honored, blessed and probably faint!

The town of Joplin is going to be thrilled and you are so wonderful to take the time to help them. I think God has an Angel in you.