More EQ Doodles

To thank the blog readers for their generosity in the Joplin efforts, I wanted to design a quilt and do a quilt-along for any who want to do it with me — kind of a “thank you” gift to all the blog readers.  I’ve been playing with Electric Quilt and coming up with designs and am not sure which one I’ll choose.  Maybe I’ll post them as I come up with them and then in the end, we might vote and see which one to do or . . heck, I guess we could do them all.  I don’t have a clue when we’ll get started . . it may not even be til after I get moved.

Here’s one of the designs I like:

Or, here’s a version in earthy tones.

What do you think about this design?

Comments

oh I like them both! I’m hunting for my next QOV. I think this would do very nicely! But then I think I have loved every quilt you have posted! OH gee..I think I sound like a groupie! rotlf!

• 1.1

Beth, some say that the first step in ‘recovery’ is admitting you have a problem. 😉 You say ‘groupie’ like it’s a bad thing! 😀 LOL! Enjoy!

Karla says

I love the brighter colors so my eyes go to the blue, I looked at the other but just didn’t like it as much as the blue one.

Tina says

I really like the setting! Two blocks alternating on point, right? I’d probably sprinkle some purple in with the earth tones; I really like purple and green together.

Yvonne says

What a great design & setting! I’m willing to try anything that will reduce my stash LOL

Veronica says

Thanks so much for all that you do for us and everyone. Love the red, white and blue.

I really love this pattern, I am leaning towards the blue, but if we do this pattern I will probably do it in pinks and greens, since that is my nephews new wife’s favorite colors and I owe them a wedding quilt.

NancyB in AZ says

I really like this design. I love earthy colors…..but I haven’t made a red, white and blue yet…..so, whichever works for me.

Jamie @ BeachHouse Quilts says

I love this one! I, too, would make the blue and red version as a QoV.

I love the earth tones version. I’ve had EQ 7 for a while now and just can’t seem to get things to go right. Of course it’s kinda hard to concentrate with all the commotion at our house.

Love them both but leaning more toward the color combos in the second one. I’ll play along with whatever design you choose.

Nancy Latham says

I too thought this would make a great QOV. I am on the look out for any pattern that works for them. Most of the ones I have made from your patterns go to QOV.

Diane Hines says

I love the design, especially the blue one; but I like almost anything that is blue.

carol craven says

wow
    i like the red, white and blue
    and need to make it lap size so I can donate it to Ft Hood returning ill soldiers

pdudgeon says

maybe it’s my computer (it’s an old one) but some of the joinings where the dark and light blue borders of the squares come together just don’t look right; as though they are jagged, in a “streak ‘o lightening” sort of way.
    the center joinings are perfect, and the sides are perfect, but the joinings of squares 1-2 and 3-4 are jagged.

since no one else commented on it, it must be my computer.
    other than that, i like the design.

pdudgeon says

oh wait—i see what it is! you’ve substituted a dark blue square for the light blue square in those blocks.
    not my computer after all! WHEW!

I like this design, Judy. I love the way that changing the coloration slightly for the center blocks vs. the edge blocks adds so much to the design. I’ll try to quilt along, though I’m supposed to be working on UFOs this year 😉

Nice design–I really am drawn to quilts with lots of diagonal lines in them.

I’m stunned that it has plain borders, lol!