Indigo Top Done!

Will it get quilted before the end of June?  That I don’t know!  In the 10 days or so left in June, I need to finish both Carpenter Star quilts so they can be delivered July 4th weekend when Vince is home when he goes to see the chickens when I’m trying to convince him to get a chocolate lab puppy!  🙂

There wasn’t enough of the dot fabric so I had to use something else for the border.  That’s fine . . it worked.  For now, it’s going to get folded and stuck on the “to be quilted” shelf.

Comments

I’ve been meaning to comment every time you showed this quilt. I love it. I really think that dot fabric is so perfect. Very cute.

I love it! I’m so glad you used the dots.

Every time I think of you taking Vince to see the chickens, I giggle thinking of him leaving with a puppy snuggled up against his neck. 🙂

Becky I says

Really really pretty! I’ve been wanting to make a blue monochromatic quilt for years. I’m just going to have to get busy and finish up some UFO’s so I can let myself start one.

Susan says

I’m so proud of you for using the dot fabric! You seemed a little uncomfortable with it but I think it looks great in your quilt :o)

Love the quilt. As for the puppy/chickens – I have this very humorous vision in my head of a retriever heading off to the chicken coop and constantly dropping them at the back porch. The poor things would NEVER lay an egg. 🙂

Marky says

Gorgeous! Love the Indigo quilt! and I went all soft and gushy thinking about a lab puppy!

Patty says

Love the indigo quilt. I hope you are successful on the chocolate lab puppy. We have had two chocolates. One we had for 12 years. He was the best dog. The last one would have been a good one too but we lived in a house with no fenced yard and he could go no where without me. I got to feeling so tied down. We finally found him a homewith a 4th year law student in Lawrence KS. He just went to school and didn’t work so he had lots of time for the puppy. I keep having thoughts of wanting another one but don’t think I will till we have another house with a fenced yard. Preferably back in Texas.

Really, really like that pattern!!! I hope you get the puppy! Mike would absolutely die if I got one for him. One day. Need to get the proper caging set up for the chickens, first.

I love that top. At first, I didnt think I would, but I should just know better. “It’s a JUDY quilt, it will be AWESOME.”
    I am surprised you haven’t written 50 books for all the patterns and ideas you come up with!
    The lab. I dont know if I am going to be able to STAND IT, if you start having puppy pictures on the blog! I want a puppy SO BAD. But, I am taking care of a friends 2yo golden, and thinking-DO I really want a PUPPY??!! She is very good, but needs attention and excercise, and playtime, and it has been RAINING for 3 days now, and training, and…. hmmm…yes, I think I want a puppy!!

I really like this quilt. It’s just beautiful. As I read this post I had to tell my lab/greyhound puppy 4 times to stop chewing on my foot. I laughed when I got to the part where you wanted to put yourself thru the 3 years of lab puppy. I love mine to pieces & can’t imagine how dull my life was pre-Oreo.

And how does Speck feel about this? Tell him I offer dog psychoanalysis if he needs it.

At first I didn’t think I liked the border but it looks spectacular in real life….well……real pictures I mean.

glen

The top looks great and I am still laughing on your wonderful scheme. I have a lot of tops in the to be quilted pile, looks like I will need to start focusing on them instead of making more tops.

Anita R says

Looks great! Good luck on trying to get that chocolate lab, I’m not a dog person, but absolutely love labs, especially chocolate ones…they’re sooo sweet! He owes you after all that grass mowing 🙂

pdudgeon says

i’d say yes to the puppy if they could hold it for you until you get settled into a new house. that’s a lot of moving in a short time for a little dog to cope with.

Linda B in MI says

Beautiful Judy, I mean the indigo quilt, well you are a beautiful person too…I like the quilt better with the solid in the border than the dot…makes the center more centered…well you know what I mean…