Sothia Completed

Sothia was such a fun project.  Before I started knitting it, I was afraid I’d have to pay a lot of attention and do a lot of counting but I did not.  It’s a really easy knit and I love how it turned out.  I used Loopy Solid Series from The Loopy Ewe.  The colors I used were Dove and Iron.  The yarn didn’t feel as soft as some yarns when I was knitting it but once it was soaked and then dry, it feels very soft and has a nice drape.

It had to be finished by July 15 for the Camp Loopy project and I finished it . . blocked and dried and photographed on July 9.  We cannot cast on for Project II til July 15 so I’m going to finish up a pair of socks I had started before I began working on Sothia.

I’m already planning my second Sothia using Madelinetosh Merino Light.  The dark blue is Well Water and the lighter color is White Wash.

Is that going to be gorgeous?  Perfect for those cold Texas nights!  :)

Comments

Love it Judy!!! You blocked it already too! You are amazing! I am doing my shawl from Malabrigo Book 3…doing the lace part now..never blocked before…makes me nervous…you are an inspiration!!!! My mentor!

What pattern do you use for socks? I bought the “Two at a time” pattern & they knit up on circular needles. But I haven’t tried the pattern yet & I haven’t knotted sox since my last son was an infant! 37 years ago……..I am out of practice.

I absolutely LOVE the colors you chose for BOTH your Sothia shawls. Did you buy all of your yarn at the Loopy Ewe? I love your colors and would like to order the same thing!

Thanks for sharing – you did a GREAT JOB!
    sao in Midlothian, VA

Mary says

I love it! I also love her solid version and like the idea of not using two colors! I bought the pattern but reading over it, I’m not sure how easy it would be – I’m going to think about it for a while and if I don’t end up trying it, it certainly won’t be the first pattern I’ve bought just to read!

Cindy from California says

LOVELY!!! Great job!! I wish I knew how to knit, but that is not something that I can add to the plate right now!

Leslie Myers says

Cold Texas nights? We have not had one since Feb. Poo, it has really been HOT.
    Leslie

Never mind my previous question. Those are gorgeous colors for Sothia #2. Sothia #1 turned out great! I really like those colors. I’m thinking of knitting Whippoorwill with Well Water and Antique Lace.

Judy, thank you so much for posting such nice comments about my pattern Sothia. You did a GORGEOUS job on this!!! I really love the colors you have selected and now it makes me seriously consider knitting a 5th version myself! :)