Chad’s Surgery

Chad is having his tonsils out today. Would you please say a prayer for him? The doctor has told him this is a tough surgery and recovery at his age so we’re expecting the next few days to be difficult.

Thanks and I will report on him when I can.

Comments

Margery says

My Dad had his tonsils out when he was about 50, in preparation for a heart operation – he wasn’t a fit man. He lived on soup, and ice cream, for a few days, and then he was fine. Chad is young, fit – he’ll be fine too. I know you’ll worry, but he’ll be fine.

I expect it won’t be as bad as you fear — doctor’s do tend to paint a worse case scenario. And surely all our prayers will help.

Patty says

I had my tonsils out at 23. Granted it was harder than if I had been 5 but it wasn’t too bad. THe doctor made me take a week off work but I could have gone back earleir otherwise. Best of luck and prayers on the way. God Bless

His voice will likely be funny for a few weeks (an 11 year old I know had hers out and it took her over a month to get her normal voice back) but I’ll be praying, and I’m sure he’ll be fine. Sore and irritable for a few days, but fine overall.

Cindy in NC says

Keeping you both in my prayers. Yes, this is a difficult surgery for an adult (my oldest had several years ago at 27). It’s always hard for a parent to see a child of any age suffer. Hoping Chad beats odds and sails through this like a three-year-old.

Sibyl says

Keeping both of ya’ll in my prayers. I have heard it was rough. A friend of ours she is 23 just had hers out 3 weeks ago, took her a good 10 days or so to get to feeling human again. Sure hope he has it easier than that.

Sibyl

Susan T says

Healing thoughts winging their way to Chad. I had my tonsils out at 18. DH joined the air force during my recovery. I’m sure he’ll recover quickly, although he’ll have throat pain for a while. Just remind him to follow the Dr’s orders!

Elaine says

Thinking of Chad and prayers being said. Couple of rough days ahead, but he will feel so much better later.

Elaine

Having your tonsils out as an adult is no fun but with lots of ice cream and lots of Mom’s attention he will do fine. Saying a prayer.

Saying a prayer for quick recovery and for the family. Health type things always involve more than just the patient.

Saying a prayer for Chad today! Also, asking for prayer for my son. He is having surgery today on both eyes. Sounds like both young men will need prayer and Mom’s care giving.

Debbie R. says

I think the worst pain in the world is watching your children in pain……. take care of yourself…

I had mine out at 25… that long ago you stayed in the hospital the night prior to surgery…crazy… I was eating regular food the next day..but then maybe I’m not the best one to gauge against as I gave birth to a 10 lb 8 oz, 24 inch long baby also…lol
    with no drugs…

Cindy says

Prayers to you,Chad and Vince~

Take care of Chad, and we’ll be here when you can update. You are in our thoughts….I know it is hard seeing our kids in pain and suffering no matter how old they are, they will still be our babies… Love and hugs to all~

Sandy says

Thoughts and prayers are with Chad today on his surgery and recovery. My daughter had her tonsils out at age 22 and did fine, an outpatient procedure if I recall right. They did the lazer type of surgery which is much safer and easier recovery. I had a friend who was 27 and had it done 40 years ago when they cut them out and they kept her in the hospital as a cautionary for 3 days. Tell Chad to mind Nurse Judy when he gets home, lol.

I had my tonsils out at age 18…and I still remember it very well. It took me about 10 days to feel alive again. I will definitely pray Chad has an easier time of it than I did! The good part…I haven’t had strep throat again since or even much of sore throat.

Carla in Ma says

My thoughts are with you, Chad and Nicole
    I’m sure Chad will have a quick recovery with you and Nicole taking care of him

Donna P. says

Praying for a speedy recovery for Chad. I’m sorry to hear you lost the bungalow – perhaps that was meant to be since you weren’t entirely happy with it. Praying you find something you like soon.

Doe in Mi says

Prayers for Chad. Prayers for you, Judy. And most of all prayers for the doctors. They need a steady hand for Chad today.

Chad, I hope you do well. I had my tonsils out when I was in my 20’s. I needed them out way before then, but my dear Mother was so fearful something horrible would happen, so she would not get it done when I was younger. So, I suffered terrible sore throats most of my childhood. Yes, it hurts, but all surgery hurts—and it’s not any worse than the worst sore throat you have ever had. Just look at that way. Recovery is great as you eat a lot of cool soothing food! Like Jello and Sherbet and Ice Cream, and Smoothies. Yummm—Take care—and mind your Mother!

Toni in TN says

Prayers are on their way to Mo. Take care of yourself so you can take care of Chad.

my mother had her tonsils out when I was in elementry school. She whined a lot but lived!

Good luck to Chad and I am sure he will be much better in a few days. The worst day is #2 after surgery, you are starting to wake up and beginning to care about what just happened to you!

glen: virtual hugs and lots of ice cream

Linda in NE says

Good thoughts on their way to Chad. Hope he has as easy a time as my son did when he had his out at 17. Doctors sometimes make it sound worse than it is just so the patient will be happier with the way it actually is. Just keep giving him that nice cold ice cream….feels great on a sore throat.

Joanna says

Judy,

Your Chad will be in my thoughts and prayers and chants today.

I feel I’m part of your family!
    Hugs,
    Joanna

Julie H. says

My brother had his out in his 20’s. He felt so well afterwards that he stopped for a cheeseburger on the way home from the hospital.

You know I said my prayers for Chad already. He most likely is out and onto his recovery by now. Best of luck!

ps, taking care of my own grown child today and thankful to be able to…I may have been wrong about the ice cream, follow docs orders of course!

Anita says

I’m late in the day reading, but I am praying for a successful surgery and recovery. AND calmness for Mom! hugs

Prayer for both of you. Hope all went well today.

Remember to stock the freezer with ice cream and popcicles…

JoAn GODFREY says

just remember NO STRAWS. sucking through them can promote bleeding.
    he will do fine. stock up on popsicles, ice cream, soup…….

Troy had his done when he was 19. It took about 2 weeks to fully recover. Gatorade, popsicle, jello..anything soft. I think he lost about 10lbs, but then put back on 15.
    You can get a prescription for a numbing popsicle, and make sure he takes the pain meds..he’s going to need them.