Happy Anniversary

Today is our anniversary and a little after 6:00 this morning, before we knew Sunday’s House had been pulled from the market, I got this email from Vince.  The subject was “Happy Anniversary”.

Good morning Dear,
Maybe today we will finally have a contract.

He was thinking the contract from last night would be accepted and everything would be fine.  But, that didn’t happen.  Here’s where the fun begins!

In the beginning, Vince didn’t want  to be more than 15 minutes from work.  Here he’s 2-1/2  miles from work and in KY, he was 6 miles from work.  I found the Monday House online early in this process and even though it was way over what we wanted to spend, I kept thinking about it.  As we got farther along and weren’t able to find a house, and we increased the amount we were willing so spend, I kept watching the Monday House.  The price dropped some but was still over what we wanted to spend.  I really loved the kitchen and finally, I said “Would you consider Comanche?”   And, he said NO!   But then, at some point, a guy at work told Vince there was a house in Comanche that he really should see.  He told Vince that the owners built the house and spared no expense!  He said they got a divorce, the wife got the house, the wife remarried and moved on and they need to sell this house.  Vince went to look at it and when he sent me the pictures . . it was the house I had been wanting him to look at . . the Monday House!  Even though it’s not very old (built in 2005), it needs a little TLC and Vince called and said “That house needs a lot of repair!” and he wouldn’t consider it.

After a few trips to Comanche, Vince decided he liked Comanche a lot and might prefer to live there.  He’s looked at quite a few houses and made offers on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and you know how that went.  Sunday before he looked at the Sunday House, I asked him to please go back by the Monday House (though it had not been named yet) and see if the damage was cosmetic or serious.  He called me and said it was mostly cosmetic.  Walls need repair and paint, some light fixtures need replacing, all the carpet needs to come out.  When he had seen it first, the pool was a mess.

During the past couple of months, someone else tried to buy the house and got the inspections done and a whole lot had been fixed and cleaned up.  The pool was drained and cleaned, the heater was fixed.  Not sure what happened but the deal fell through, but before that happened,  a whole lot of things were fixed, including brand new insulated garage doors, the electric gate at the front was replaced and I can’t remember what all else.

The only reason I wasn’t begging and pleading for this house was . . this is the house my friend Tracey wanted to buy.  She assured me that she had no problem with our buying it.  She doesn’t know when her house will sell.  She’s friends with the current owner who was real anxious to get it sold.  So, with Tracey’s assurance that she was ok with us buying it, Vince made an offer.  There was a bit of back and forth but before Vince left work, we had a signed contract.  We’re pleased with the deal and the sellers are pleased with the deal.

Since the inspections were already done once, we shouldn’t have any problems, though I’m sure we’ll have to have more inspections done.

So, Happy Anniversary Vince.  Thank you! You think I’ve been through a rough time with all this . . Vince is trying to find a house that’s a good buy, the right size, in good shape, something we’ll both like, all the while sending me pictures and talking to me on the phone about it.  And, he’s doing his job and still getting a few “I can’t do this any more” calls from me.  You  think men don’t deal well with women crying . . it’s really bad when it’s long distance crying.  Just like I know you’re all thinking . . everything worked out just the way it was supposed to.  If we had found a house right off the bat, we wouldn’t have gotten this house because (1) the price had to come down and (2) Vince had to fall in love with Comanche.  I’m going to go look at my roots and see how much more gray hair I have now than what I had in February and then I will tell you if this was all worth it!  🙂

Now, would you like for me to quit babbling and tell you about the house?

It’s on right at 20 acres.  It has a well (only source of water though I’m pretty sure we could get county water if we wanted to).  I can’t even tell you how many bedrooms and bathrooms it has.  It has a room large enough for my longarm.  Oh heck . . I’ll just show you some pictures!

I have loved this kitchen since I first saw it.  A stainless steel sink!  I’ve begged for one of those for years!

An electric stove but I’m betting I can get a component that’s not glass top for that side that is glass top.  For now, I’m not going to say a word about it though.  There’s no microwave on top of it and that makes me so happy!

One more kitchen shot.  I do love this kitchen!

A nice corner stone fireplace. Vince loves stone . . and the outside of the house has some stone on it too . . maybe.  I can’t remember!

The laundry room is so nice!  You can’t see it in this picture but the sellers have three kids and there are three sets of closet type things with a hook for a backpack and a jacket, a drawer for “stuff” and a shelf for shoes.

I think this should be the master bedroom but somehow, I doubt Vince would agree.  I could sit in the little playhouse and read or knit!

OK . . too much pink in the other room?  Maybe this can be the master bedroom.  A castle!

And even though a pool was something I didn’t want . . it came with one and Vince will love it.  I can see us sitting out here during the evenings, watching the sun set, swatting mosquitoes, drinking a glass of wine . . living the good life!

There are some pictures I wasn’t going to show you but heck . . you might as well see it all!  Vince said “What were they thinking?”  I said . . with some lime green walls, that might just be the perfect shade of pink or orange or red . . we’ll figure something out.

And did I say that since the house is empty, they’re going to let us move in when we get to Texas?  I love this house but most of all, I’m so happy to be off this roller coaster we’ve been on for the past few months.  We leave on August 12 and it makes such a difference heading to a home I know we will love.

Thank you all for your support, prayers, perseverance through this stressful time.  I will get back to sewing and quilting and cooking . . real soon!  There’s a very bright light at the end of this tunnel.

Comments

LOVE IT!! Have that built in painted black and it will look fantastic! Love the big stone fireplace and I see Chad, Nicole and some POOL PARTIES in the future!!
    Congrats…and good luck on the move..it’s all down hill from here.

I think I get the first comment. Happy Anniversary and Congratulations. From the pictures this looks like a great house. What is not to love about that kitchen. Now…..take a deep breathe, let it out slowly and begin normal breathing again.
    Good Luck to you in your move.
    Leslie in CA

Connie says

Gorgeous!!!! Breathing a big sigh of relief with you and sending cyber hugs. Whooohoooo!!!

Because I just had to keep reading today….I came back at the right time. Hallelujah (sp)! Happy Anniversary, Judy and Vince. Life is good. You’re smiling, I’m sure. I’m smiling because I’m so darn happy for you and Vince.

YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!

🙂

Kim S says

Happy Anniversary to you and to Vince! And, what a nice anniversary present, huh? 🙂 I’m so glad it worked out for you two. I was feeling your pain. I really dislike the feeling of being “unsettled.” The pictures of the house are nice and I’m sure you can’t wait to get in there and make it your own. Just think, you’ll be there in a couple of weeks!!!! 🙂 I think you should go have a glass of wine to celebrate.

Hugs!

Kim

Oh it looks wonderful! A little paint, a couple of throw pillows, some flowers . . . You’ve got it made. I am so happy for you Judy. I was thinking about you sitting in that hotel by yourself while Vince was at work and it just made me sad. This looks like a place you can sink your teeth into and do all the wonderful things you like to do! Yeah!!!!

Lizzy Hentze says

I am over the moon for you Judy, and on your anniversary too! Congratulations on your patience and perserverance – it has gained the crown!!
    Hugs from Down Under

glenda jensen says

I’m SO happy for you and Vince ! I felt so sorry for you as this saga continued. I’m glad you will be settled and you get your chicks back ! Gonna get some more stars ? Glenda

Grey hair can magically go away with the right bottle!!!! LOL!

Glad you have the home you love! Will you pull carpet and replace it before you move in? What will you replace it with, new carpet, wood, or laminate?

And I agree, paint the pink unit black and it will look fantastic!

I’m so happy for you, Judy. It’s been a journey. I think you and Vince will be very happy here, fix the warts and make it into a lovely home.

Woo hoo! I just had to check for an update and hope there was good news. The house looks gorgeous and I would kill for that kitchen! The kitchen is the only thing that wasn’t exactly what I wanted in the house we are getting, but it is functional and that’s all that really matters to me because I am not the cook or canner that you are lol.

shirley bruner says

Congratulations! it couldn’t come too soon either. i was afraid i would have to visit you in the rubber room. LOL shall we all get together and come down and have a paint party with you? and acreage too…..awesome. now you can cry happy tears….not frustrating ones. oh, and happy anniversary….what a great present.

Judy, happy anniversary to you and Vince. I am so happy that you found a house that you can love. It has been a long road, but look what was at the end of it. (grin)

Yay!!!!! This might just be your best anniversary yet!!! (even though you are spending it apart) The photos you showed look like this is a wonderful house. I’m sure you will have it set up just right for you before too much time goes by…and you’ll be glad you have the “before” photos when you are ready to show us the “after” photos. I think we need to have a big party with all of us who have been on this roller-coaster ride along with you!!! Tell you what…if I ever remember to play the Powerball lottery and WIN, I’ll pay for all of us to come visit you, okay? (wonder how Vince would like THAT to happen?? LOL)

Susan says

Congratulations Judy! I’m so happy that you and Vince have found a new home and one that you like! Before you know it, you’ll be up and sewing (and cooking) and loving your new home.

Debbie says

Yahoo! So glad to know you have a place to move and it looks like a beautiful home. Happy Anniversary to you and Vince. (My husband and I will celebrate our anniversary tomorrow).

SarahB says

Goodness, I am so happy for you both to find some relief. Soon this will all be in the past and you can joke about how close to insanity you both came. Kudos to Vince for staying the course and being a long-distance shoulder to cry on. I am sure he is going to be as happy as you are to be back together in the same house all settled in! Oh, and back to regular gourmet meals!! I hope they have a farmers market close to the new house because after you move in those empty shelves are going to be crying for some jars…

Happy Anniversary, gosh I never got a gift that cost that much in my 41 years of marriage!
    And VINCE thanks for making your wifee’s chicks happy with pictures!
    More fun to come decorating!

Kathy C says

YAY!
    Now you can invite all those people who offered to let you come stay with them for a visit.
    It really is a beautiful house, that you will turn into a wonderful home.

Sibyl says

Judy
    That home looks so nice. Glad you are getting one finally. That princess bedroom—perfect guest room for when Chad comes to visit (ducking and running on that one). Congrats to you and Vince. This move really tested your strength. Praying for all to come to a smooth close.

CONGRATULATIONS!! And happy Anniversary.
    Now I want to see the room for the long arm.
    Am so glad you aren’t homeless any longer.
    maggie

Roberta says

Love the pink cupboards but they might be a little in your face over time, think I white wash might help that???
    Perfect anniversary present with that kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!! And laundry room too. thanks for sharing your moving trip with us, makes me appreciate staying put for 40 years. big hugs!!!!

Mel Meister says

What a wonderful Anniversary present!

May your new home bring you and Vince happiness, security and lots and lots of superb meals and quilts!

I love your new home!

Linda B in MI says

Happy Anniversary you wonderful couple who deserve a wonderful home…and yes I see pool party with Chad and Nicole…Celebration in the future or what!!!

Mariel says

Happy Anniversary and congratulations on the new home! Wishing you and your family all the best on your move. I’ve heard it said before, “everything is bigger and better in Texas.” I hope that statement holds true for you and Vince!

Linda says

Happy anniversary and…welcome home! Glad it all turned out better than you thought!

Judy, I love it! What’s more important is that you and Vince love it too! You are going to LOVE that under-mount kitchen sink!!! I have one and there is no yucky stuff that builds up in the caulk area. As for the lime green with that red/orange cabinet, I think that would look fabulous!

LadyBaltimore says

The place looks great; it’s a wonderful kitchen! I like the red/orange bookcases too!
    Happy Anniversary! Is this year anniversary the “house” anniversary (or “silver” or “clock”)?
    Enjoy!

Bon says

FANTASTIC! I’m so happy for you guys. It was a long time coming. It looks great.

HUGS
    Bon

halleluiah (SP) Good thing Vince is a patient man and you have persevered through all the disappointments. You have a good reason to Celebrate when he gets home in a few days! I’m with the friends who said paint the built-in. Paint is cheap!

Michelle F. says

Judy, I was so happy to read this post. The kitchen is beautiful and I see lots of happy cooking happening there. I can’t wait to see how the house looks with all your stuff in it. This has been difficult for me to watch as we went thru similar issues when we moved last year. As for the person who posted the not so kind comment, I don’t blame you for being upset. This whole deal has been stressful and I would want to hear that stuff either! Have a Dr. Pepper to celebrate the contract!

Perry says

Yea!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled for you! This looks like a great house! You may just love that pool once you get moved in and have some time to relax. And you don’t have to face a motel right? You can have your stuff delivered right to the door? That is wonderful!!!!

Tina says

Yea! It’s nice to see something good happen to good people! Can you have chickens?

So happy for you. You are a trooper to have endured it all. That red cabinet looks perfect for fabric storage 🙂

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ says

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary! What a glorious day. The house looks wonderful and will be perfect with a little paint. Now take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the moment!

Happy Anniversary!

What a great announcement :-). The photos show a house with a lot of possibilities and a lot of personality.

It’s good to hear the long search may be over…I know you’re both happy tonight. Bet Vince is ready to be home, get you packed up and get back to a normal life.

Hugs!

Jane says

I’m so happy for you that it’s finally over…and what a finale! It’s gorgeous! And you get to move right in!! Really, God just took a little time getting everything right! I hope you guys will be very happy there!

You sound so happy. And that made me smile. I wish for you the best in this move to TX. And I can hardly wait to see you and your stash and longarm in your new house. Yea!!!!

Linda in Ohio says

Oh my what a strong woman you are and congratulations! The house looks great and we can’t wait to see you and Speck settled there.

I’m so happy that this has all worked out for you! BUT that means you will just need to come to Tamale Land and visit us, since you won’t be staying up here now that the house deal has come through. Doing a HAPPY DANCE for you!!

Kat in Tamale Land

Mary says

I am so happy for you that you are finally going to have a happy ending to this story!!! I have always maintained God works in mysterious ways and your ordeal proves it!! HUGS!

so neat that you got a house – it must be such a relief to you. Now you have some decorating ahead of you don’t you – hope it all works out great for you.
    Karen

Cheryl L says

Woo-Hoo!!! What a cool house. I can’t wait to see how you put your own touches on it and make it YOUR home! What an ordeal you have been through. I am so glad the ride has come to such a great end. Congratulations! I bet you sleep well tonight! ;).

Diana in TX says

What wonderful news about the house and yes, Happy Anniversary. The kitchen looks super, love the fireplace and you will enjoy having the pool. A few cans of paint and you’ll be all set. Really happy things are finally looking up. One thing about Texas, the roads are normally pretty straight and the speed limit is usually higher than anything we had back east! That commute won’t seem to bad after a while. In TX we are used to driving distances! Once again, great news!

Mary says

I worry, I fret, I make myself sick over things I can’t change and half the time things work out even better than I expect. I’m so happy that you’ve got a house you love AND that you’ll be able to move right in.

Sandie says

Congratulations Judy! On both the anniversary and the house! It is beautiful, but the question on everyones mind is begging to be answered…. Can you have chickens?! I assume so with the 20 acres but I want to cover all the bases! lol! 🙂

QuilterB says

Happy anniversary. Congratulations to you both. Can’t wait to see more pictures.

I had looked at this house several times when you were first looking. I don’t think the internet picture showed all the girly rooms, but I like them. I like how they built in the playroom. I think you are right that there is some rock on the outside. I love that stove. One of the houses in the town we want to live has a stove like that, but it has burners.

I am so happy for you and Happy Anniversary. Bill and I just celebrated out 9th last Wednesday.

ruth anne shorter says

Now, I can take my yellow not to pray for you guys off the fridge!!! Our God is so great!!!! Happy Anniversary to both of you…..you guys are wonderful..

Jan says

Ditto to all of the above! I am a lurker/daily reader. I am so happy to read that you have found a house you like. Happiest of anniversaries and many, many more to come in your new home!

What a great anniversary present! So, so glad you and Vince found a house. I kind of went through the same thing many years ago in another life and it was VERY stressful. Take a deep breath Judy–you have a house!

Teresa in Music City says

SEW HAPPY for you!!! We’ve moved twice in the past few years and I know how stressful it can be even without all that you have been through! Congrats on the new nest!!!!!

sammi says

Thank you, God! It is fabulous, Judy. He knew what He was doing all along, didn’t He??

Eileen says

Oh Judy!
    It is beautiful!!!!! We will be coming to visit! I’m so very happy for y’all! Happy anniversary! ?

HALLELUJAH…….I love the house – and the MASTER BEDROOM playroom is adorable! I am so happy for you – what a wonderful anniversary! What PERFECT TIMING. You got a wonderful house and you get to move in…..and you get to have chickens and goats and……life is good!

sao in Midlothian, VA

Terri says

Great kitchen! and I love the stone fireplace!! I think I have relatives in Comanche lol, will have to check. I’m so glad this ordeal is over for you! Now on to more packing and the move!!

Janice says

I’m so happy for you. It has been one hell of a rollercoaster ride for the two of you!! 20 acres!! Here come the chickens and the goats and who knows what else. Good luck.

Happy anniversary and congratulations on your new home. All seems to be right in the world, Chad has a nice apartment, you have a nice house and Vince has a neat pool and can stop house hunting!

Hurrah! Such good news. The kitchen looks dreamy. The best news though is that you can move right in. I will look forward to seeing what you do with your new home. (I think you should keep the castle.)

Sandy says

Oh, my! What exciting news! So many of us have been following your house hunting adventure and waiting to see how it would turn out. The house looks fantastic! Happy Anniversary!

Sarah Stevens says

Don’t you have a pink quilt that you were waiting for a pink room to use it in?

Brenda in South Texas says

This is wonderful news. SO very happy for you and hubby! This will make a great story to tell your grandchildren!

Marla says

I am so very happy for you! After getting your message last night, I prayed it would work out for you and it did. You must be so excited! Yeah!

Cindy Kuipers says

Yippee for you! Love the red cabinet! Glad things are finally working out for you.

Happy Anniversary! Love the house and yes the kitchen is amazing! I’m very happy things worked out for you and Vince.

Jocelyn says

Oh Judy, I am SO happy for you. What a wonderful Anniversary gift! I really can’t wait to see you move into this house. 20 acres!!! yay chickens……… and goats???

I think you had to go through all the bad stuff to actually end up with the one you wanted in the first place. Sorry for the long maddening ride, but I know you’ll feel it was worth it once you get your sanity back. I couldn’t agree more about the kitchen being the main room that matters. Bedrooms don’t matter. Living rooms not very much. Kitchens, pantries, dining rooms..those are the important things and of course a place to quilt. Too bad this one does have a pretty open kitchen. Like you, I like them closed off from the other rooms. I think I know why the couple divorced. Who ever decorated those bedrooms was obviously insane! LOL. And what’s up with the carpeting in a house where everything else looks top notch?

Congratulations! That laundry room is amazing. Nice big kitchen. It looks great. As for the questionably colored cabinets paint is relatively cheap and you can never have too much storage. 😉

NancyB in AZ says

Happy Anniversary! Judy and Vince. Congratulations. Big whooo-hooo going your way from Arizona.

carol c says

I love it all, I can really picture you in that kitchen too. As for the “red” bookcases/entertainment center………you can deal with that as well. Paint goes a long way, stripped is possible I guess. I think
    you all did great………will do great………and I hope you are there for many years-happy. ahhhhh 20 acres, major upkeep and all, it can be a paradise and you will settle in eventually. Just be aware of the
    habitat of critters, slimy or furry that you might meet. BE SAFE!
    and please enjoy it. Pool! woo wee that is great as well.

Diane Hines says

What a wonderful house. Finally all the looking etc. is over. I have been praying for you to get the house that is perfect. Happy anniversary.

Yippee! What a great anniversary present! I bet you are sighing with relief about 10 times/minute! Congratulations!

Frieda Z says

Looks like a great house for you. You shouldn’t have mosquitoes in that area. Too rocky and dry for them. Hope you love this house!

Super news! Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well and you are happily ensconced in your new home in less than two weeks! Happy Anniversary to both of you.

valerie says

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations on your new home!! Hope all goes well with your move.

Cindy from California says

Timing is everything!!!

Happy Anniversary!!

I hope that there are no more stumbling blocks until you move into this beautiful house!!

Best
    Cindy

Cindy from California says

I recently heard a saying that I like:

“When God closes a door, he always opens a window. But it is just Hell to be stuck in the hallway!!!”

At least you are now on your way!

Best
    Cindy

Linda in NE says

Yippee!!! Judy has a house!! I can see why you love that kitchen thought the stove looks like the one my daughter has & I hate it. But, stoves can be replaced, right? As for the murals and oddly colored entertainment center….some primer & a couple coats of paint will work wonders. So happy for you.

Marilyn Smith says

Judy, sending lots of wonderful anniversary wishes for you and Vince. The house looks fantastic! Cosmetics are affordable. Carpet, more so. Maybe some hardwood thrown in there/ It will all work out. You are going to have a beautiful home. Some things you have to accept (like no gas stove). I would guess that you do not to put any $$$ into it until it is really yours. We all repaint or remodel at some point. Live in it for awhile – you will find out what you love and don’t love about the home. Take your time. Glad you have so much land. This will all take time. Especially happy that you will have space for your longarm. It really sounds perfect. So glad that your offer was accepted.

Just got back from our vacation last night. Have been checking in as often as I could. I am just so excited for you!

Sara in AL says

Yea!! Congratulations on both the anniversary and the house. It looks lovely. Great kitchen, and yes a little paint and you will be happy. I love the red cabinets especially with lime green paint. It could be kind of “beachy” or lots of plants and it’s the jungle room. It will be fun!!! So, so happy for you!! Can I come for a dip in the pool? It looks wonderful! 🙂

Darlene S says

Happy Anniversary to you both!! It’s true that Good things comes to those who wait!! Lovely home for a lovely couple. Can’t wait to hear about your new home and critters that will be making their home with you in Texas. I’m so happy for you. You deserve only the best!

oh Judy! Your home looks so perfect for you all!!! 🙂 Love that kitchen! I’m so glad that things worked out – and perfect timing too – Happy ANNIVERSARY! I think after all the hoopla on finding the home, I’d be tempted to run and jump right into that pool haha 🙂

Good luck with the move, I’ll be thinking of you – as I unpack too! Things here have kicked in gear! They are working hard to expedite our relocation since 1st day of school is next Wed. We have packers arriving this Wed. and our load day is Thurs. although I think it might take 2 load days… we’ll see! but the good news is, we won’t have to fly back to oversee all of this! 🙂 Our stuff will be leaving for IN the same time we are.

Talk to you soon – and love from Texas! (just a couple more days left) ~bonnie

Ruth says

Happy Anniversary and congratulations on the house! It looks great. I hope your move goes smoothly. Can’t wait to hear about adventures in Texas.

Pat C in Washington says

No painted kitchen cabinets – yay! Happy Anniversary, and here’s to no more housing-related surprises for awhile.

Gail, California says

Judy, this is a perfect end to what, five months of house hunting? Whew! I’m mopping my brow with you. Why is it that we always ruminate and fret and in the end a solution such as this comes out of it all? When it happens I ask, “Was this all going to come together like this all along? Why did I fuss and worry so?” But I guess it helps the time pass vs. sitting and “knowing” the answer will land like a butterfly. Enjoy your anniversary present, darlin’. Uh, extra bedrooms, eh? Need help unpacking?

Halleluia!! Texas here comes Judy!!I’ve been praying that you would find a house you love. We moved a year ago and I know how stressful it is to have a deadline when you have to be out of one place before you’ve found a new place to live. I’m like you … I can handle anything I have to, it’s the not knowing that drives me crazy. Congratulations and happy anniversary!!

Because of the time difference here in England, I’m a day late wishing you a very Happy Anniversary. What a super present to get for your special day, a HOUSE.. yee haa!
    The pictures look wonderful .. when’s the house warming? do all your blog followers get an invite? I’m off to look up where Comanche is, guess it will only take a car, bus, aeroplane, bus, hire car to get there!!

WOOHOOO!!!! Happy ANNIVERSARY Judy and Vince, and congratulations on your new home! Do I see goats and chickens in your near future? 🙂

Karla says

Happy Anniversary to you and Vince, I am thrilled about the house, love everything I saw, praying that all will go just as planned without any hitches. I wait with bated breath :0 and x fingers

pdudgeon says

so glad that this story has a happy ending!
    Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you both.
    You’ve more than earned it!

Karen says

Happy Anniversary to you and Vince. What a great present! I love the house – looking forward to more pictures.
    Karen

Helene says

Wait! Really? This is it? It’s really your house?? Oh my gosh, I’m so so so very happy for you. Happy Anniversary and happy end of house hunting for such a wonderful couple!

Sandy says

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary to you and Vince too! I am so glad you found a house that you love and will be able to move into right away. Doing the Happy Dance for you, Judy.

Congratulations and happiest of all anniversaries. I am really liking what I have seen and it looks as if those people were not afraid of color – that pink/red built-in can be worked with!!! You love color – so all is right. Judy C sends her very best to you.

Happy Anniversary to you both! the house is absolutely gorgeous and you both certainly will love it I am so happy for you both! WOO HOO!

Diann Smith says

Congratulations on getting a beautiful house and Happy Anniversary too. It worked out. And being able to move in…all things are falling into place. Doing the Snoopy Happy Dance for your good fortune.

Julie says

I too, am so happy for you!! Commanche is a nice little town and you will feel at home in no time. Welcome to Texas, I can’t wait to see more pictures of the house and what you are doing to it. You will be here just in time for a fall garden. I love reading your blog , keep it up! Best wishes to you, Vince and Chad in these next few weeks of transition.

WiAmy says

No pain, no gain! You went through great pain…and it looks like a great gain! Congratulations you deserve it!

Darlene B says

The house looks great, Judy! I can’t imagine the relief you must be feeling to know where you’re going to live. So glad you don’t have to rent for a month and then move again…Hope all goes smoothly from here on out!

Happy Anniversary, Vince & Judy!!! Now that you have a beautiful new home, you have more than the anniversary to celebrate. The kitchen is really gorgeous!

I hope your move goes without a hitch and that soon, you’ll be unpacked and re-decorating.

Enjoy!

Hugs, Karen

Just checking in again – can that playhouse be the start of a new hen house? And will building a raised bed or two be on Vince’s to do list? After all, raising veggies may become more of a fall/spring thing.

oh Judy!!

LOVE your new house

and SO!! jealous of the pretty Castle and Cubby rooms

congratulations, and I hope you get set up and back sewing soon!

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful anniversary present for you and Vince.

I keep thinking about your wish for a gas stove and I don’t remember a mention as to whether there is gas in the house for any other purpose such as a furnace or water heater. If there is then it would be easy to have someone run a gas line to the kitchen and install a gas cook top/ stove. Maybe that would be a nice Christmas present for you!

Wishing you and Vince many happy years in your beautiful house!

Lyn

Freda Henderson says

I love the house Judy and glad you have somewhere to go. Hopefully this saga will be over soon.

Marky says

Yippee! Blog-land is rejoicing with you over finally having a house to move right into! We are all so happy for you. Having moved several times, I know the hard work and stress aren’t over yet, but at least now you know where you are going. That goes a long way in handling the stresses of packing up, moving in, unpacking, getting your “normal” life back together. The prayers continue for smooth sailing!

Robin Crittenden says

I love the house and with all that land you should be able to do what you want. As hot as it gets out there you might enjoy that pool or hot tub… 🙂

I know you are so relieved. I would be.

Have a great day and relax now and knit.

Happy Anniversary! And happy house finding. Beautiful house. You can always tell Vince he’s the king of the castle.

Happy Anniversary & Happy House!!

I’m so glad that you will be able to breathe easier now that there is definitely a house. I love the playroom!!

Congratulations again!

Pam says

Happy anniversary.
    Yeah for the house.
    And Tracey can buy it when you leave! If you leave….
    Hugs

Linda Beasley says

Congratulations, Vince and Judy. Both on the anniversary and the house. Comanche is a nice town, yes, there is a “produce stand, what they call them here” and I believe it is called “Sligers”. Can you tell that I know Comanche? haha
    I have a cousin living there. You are moving to an area that holds a lot of memories for me.

Do you know why Brownwood and Comanche are so cold in the Winter…….they only have one Blanket between them. ohhh, that’s an old joke. I’ve heard since I was a child. lol
    for those who don’t know, Blanket is the only town between Brownwood and Comanche.

Straight shot into Abilene on Hwy 36. Quilt shops and quilt show. I especially liked the shop in the River Oaks shopping center on South 14th and then there is Altons on Butternut street and the Singer store on North 6th. I don’t know if they’ve added any more or not.

I’m very happy for you Judy. Hugs

Margery says

Happy Anniversary to both of you! And what a relief to find somewhere you both love, and can move straight into! Hope the move goes smoothly.

Amen Judy!
    In two weeks, it will be wonderful to read posts “from Judy” from the new house. It’s the ending needed to this amazing roller-coaster summer.

I was just thinking (don’t laugh) that if the carpets aren’t awfully dirty, worn or stained, maybe just having them re-stretched and cleaned would do the trick. Or are they some strange colors?

Doe in Mi says

HIP HIP HOORAY. So happy for you and it looks like a real keeper. Love the RED shelving and yes lime would brighten things up a bit.

A BIG SIGH OF RELIEF! I am so glad that you was able to find a house. No doubt that in a short time you will make it a home. Congratulations!

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful home! I’m so happy for you. As for the pool, I didn’t want one but my husband insisted on it and guess what? I’m the one that swims in it the most. Turns out I LOVE it. We have a deal he sweeps it, I do the chemicals. Not much work for either one of us.

Congratulations on the house. My sister lives nearby in Eastland (which is a long drive from here). I’m familiar with some of the area as my (deceased) parents and their families lived in this area most of their lives. I know you’ll enjoy Texas and I’m so happy about the house. Can’t wait for you to get us all settled in. Seems like we’re moving with you. The internet is so great. You don’t have to say good bye.

Anita R says

What a great anniversary present! I am so happy for you! I knew the reason your search was taking so long was because there was this amazing house waiting for you…it’s karma 🙂 I’m sure you feel better now leaving to Texas with what is waiting for you…especially the pool and view!

Diane in CA says

Thumbs up to Tracey for letting you buy HER house!! 20 acres!!! So now you get chickens, goats and a cow!

Rebecca says

I had to keep going back and reading “we had a signed contract”!! It was in the middle, and I can hardly believe it!

I think you should put a sign on the road, saying “Monday House,” just as an inside joke for your loyal readers. What a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY present to BOTH of you! Congratulations!

Hope you have a swimsuit…it will be great to cool off in the pool after moving. Also, I think you should live with the entertainment center for a while…it’s unique. Y’all (hah!) may come to like it.

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations on the house! I’m so very happy for you. I’d love that house too!

Valarie says

Love, love, love your “HOME”. If you lived close by I would send a Pineapple Upside Down Cake over to “Welcome” you to your new home. Get some “stress relief ” (well deserved) rest the rest of the week, I believe you will need it before you have to start unpacking boxes, week after next!!!!

Congratulations, Happy Anniversary and all that. When can I move in? That looks like a beautiful house minus the murals and that princess room. The kids must have loved it. Now you just need to make it yours. I’m off the last 3 weeks of August, need some help painting?