A Good Canning Resource

While at Wal-Mart this week with Nicole shopping for the apartment, I noticed this book:

There are some freezer jam/jelly recipes in here.  Some regular canning recipes . . but they all look good.  Some look real good and I had to control myself because I wanted to start canning, but we know that can’t happen right now.

If you’re halfway interested in canning, you might want to check out this book.

Comments

Whoops, I read this as a good caning resource. I was wondering if you were going to cane a chair, or perhaps some useless house sellers in Texas!

I’m glad that you’re canning and not caning.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you have the house!

Jane says

I bet if you did start doing some canning it would guarantee a flood of prospective buyers wanting to see your house!

oh, this looks wonderful! was it in the canning section or the magazine/book section? I pressure-canned some Sockeye salmon that hubby caught this weekend. This stuff is like $6 a can (red salmon) in the grocery store and I canned it for next to nothing (minus the $6000 boat, gas, fishing licenses, LOL!)

I have that book also. I love to can. Also I learned by going to the library and getting books and videos. Canning is so rewarding.

Sara in AL says

I bought that a few weeks ago because it had some recipes that intrigued me. Haven’t made any yet. I use The Ball Blue Book a lot too.

Evelyn says

The kids were catching mackerel off the pier 5-6 at a time this week. I got all excited and got everything out to make pickled mackerel – and now the fish aren’t biting! I have very little time to can in the summer and don’t live here in the winter anyway so other than jelly it doesn’t make much sense for me right now – unless the fish are biting, of course! Not that I know how to make pickled mackerel, but my friend does and we have big plans as soon the boys catch us some fish! Cheers! Evelyn

Mary says

Was this in the magazine section in your Wal-mart? I looked today and they didn’t have it but later on thought maybe I should have looked in the canning section.