Lime Green Socks

The lime green socks are finished and they make me smile!  They were finished last week while the packers were packing and begging me to just stay out of their way.  It’s so hard to sit back while others dig through your cabinets and pack all your stuff but I managed to sit in the chair and knit . . how I wish I could do that now but there are no unpackers so I’d better get busy and stop thinking about knitting!

The yarn is Madelinetosh Sock and I do love that yarn!

Comments

Hi, Judy – have you ever wondered WHY there are no unpackers???? I know the movers pack because of the connection with insurance… but isn’t there a market for unpackers? I will add that to my list of “great ideas that I should start a business around”…

Can you imagine how great that would be – unpack the kitchen, hang the pictures, put the books on the bookshelves…

why not? Take care, enjoy a little rest before unpacking!
    Kate

They are fabulous! I unpacked once for one of my kiddos, I don’t think there is enough $$ for me to take that job on. 🙂 Hope things are going smooth for you.

Vicki S says

And you thought you had a lot of stuff when it was being packed. Do you feel like it multiplied in the moving van? May I send the sock to Oregon? My stepmom would LOVE them!

Terri says

cute socks! I love the color.
    yeah to bad unpacking isn’t part of the relocation deal, dangit!

Diana in TX says

We’ve had where we unpacked and we had unpackers. for me I preferred where they set up the furniture and let me unpack the boxes. Made it a little easier to unpack a little at a time and go through the packing materials again before being thrown out. Speaking from experience on that one. Had some really nice antique glass candle holders ( about 4 inches high) . have three now and not four!

Diana in TX says

By the way, love the socks-you have me knitting again. haven’t tried socks yet, but they are next on my list!

Ellie says

Love the socks! At least the unpacking doesn’t have a deadline. Maybe that’s how those boxes get in the attic and never get unpacked.

I love the socks. In fact I have loved all the socks you have shown us. I am looking forward to sock weather, but not to shoe weather. That does sound like a conterdition, but I have trouble finding comfortable shoes.

I like to unpack as long as I have a place to put everything. It is always a challenge to remember where everything is located the first few times I look for it in the kitchen.

Ruth says

For my last move (10+ years ago) I hired a professional home organizer to help me unpack my kitchen because it was a totally different layout than my prior home. It was great. We figured out exactly where things should go, and I’ve made very few changes over the years. She advised me on how to change a closet into a pantry, how many shelves to add, what should go in it. And we purged a bunch of stuff as I unpacked.

Great socks. I like the pattern and the yarn shows it well.

I don’t envy you the unpacking, but it sounds like you’ve found a great place to live temporarily.

Judy Furman says

Cool socks….Knitting is not one of my skills…my Mom could knit while watching TV or riding in the car and not drop a stitch! She tried to teach me but I just couldn’t get it….
    I’m happy you’re getting settled in the new house. Unpacking is a “pain”….We moved in December and I still have boxes I haven’t unpacked…..Someday….

Judy Furman says