A Complete Room

The master bedroom!  Complete!  One room with no boxes! Ready for a good night’s sleep.  We have been sleeping with the mattress/box springs on the floor  – surrounded by boxes!  We had to clean up the room just to get the bed frame put together.

DSC_0643

To someone who asked earlier, yes, every room in this house has two colors.  Most are kind of a peachy tan – a lot like the paint color in our master bedroom at home.  Some have one wall that’s kinda orange and some have one wall that’s green.  This one obviously has a green room and my quilts match pretty nicely.

I stuck that blue recliner in there because the family room is too small for the sofa and two recliners and during the afternoon, when the rest of the house is too hot, the bedrooms stay really cool.  I can sit in here and knit or read and look out the window at the lake.

DSC_0645

Also, some thought this house was new construction.  It is not.  It was built in probably the 60’s or 70’s and has been renovated.  The bedrooms downstairs have giant walk-in closets but I think the basement was totally  unfinished until the recent renovation.  The upstairs bedrooms all have two doors, like shown above, and they open to a long closet that goes all the way along that wall.

The double doors open onto a deck that overlooks where the lake once was.  I love the roominess and the layout of this house but it’s still not a house we would buy.

It’s very nice to have the bedroom done.  I can wake up not having to crawl off the floor; the a/c vent isn’t blowing right in my face and I’m not staring at boxes the minute I wake up.

Comments

Linda in NE says

That looks like such a restful peaceful room. A perfect place to escape the heat and the boxes.

shirley bruner says

i think you’re doing really well….a sewing room…a place to eat… and a bed to sleep in. what else do you need?

whoo hoo for you! one complete room!!! we gave the girls the master bedroom here at our home – well none of them upstairs had their own bathroom so the room that was 18″ longer and had a built in bookshelf and desk we gave to the girls. 😉

in our room there was only room for the 2 nightstands and king size bed. that’s it. :/ at least there are his and her closets… so I think we can deal with it for a year.

Thinking of you as I find a place for everything here….

Love from Indiana! ~bonnie

So glad you now have a place to rest and stay out of the heat! The view is a bonus! Hope your search for the perfect place is better now that you are there…

Wow! I have closet envy! I live in a little cottage that was built in 1935. It has no closets. None, nada, zip. I have an armoire in my bedroom and a wardrobe in the spare room. Bad situation for a pack rat like me. ;p

Penny Holliday says

Judy!!!!!
    What a beautiful quilt on your bed! Enjoying your pics & am truly amazed at how you so quickly unpack & settle in! Keep up the good work ~ you go girl!!
    Penny in CA

Ellie says

Congratulations! Your bedroom is lovely and will be a good place to get away from the boxes and heat. You have made amazing progress in just a few day.

Diane Hines says

You are doing amazingly well getting unpacked. Of course you are very organized and seem to accomplish more than most people. It really helps to have one room finished, with no boxes in sight. Way to go!!

Marilyn Smith says

Judy, a beautiful, calm place-uncluttered. What a wonderful space to go to to get away from it all. You have accomplished so much. The house is looking beautiful. Just a few boxes at a time and it will all seem like home.

Mrilyn

Marilyn Smith says

Marilyn

I love the quilt and how well it goes with that bedroom.
    May I ask why you wouldn’t buy this particular house, it looks perfect?

Donna P. says

Judy, it really looks like things are shaping up for you. Everything looks great and I know how happy it is to have less and less boxes everywhere!

Laurel from Iowa says

This looks like a lovely place to get away from Box Mountain! It’s wonderful how much you have accomplished in such a short time. Well done!