Slowly, it’s coming together. It wasn’t easy but I have found everything needed to complete the sewing room – rotary cutter, mats, some rulers, the inserts for my sewing machines to fit into the cabinet. Every box from my sewing room that the movers packed says “Sewing Supplies”. I’m not complaining – they got it all here with little to not damage and I’m sure things like rotary cutters, rulers, etc. just looked like “sewing supplies” to them. From one move to the next, I forget about the little things I should do differently but at least I have found most things I have to have in order to start sewing.
The design wall was going to be on this wall but the light switch was in the way. Vince was going to cut it out from the foam board but that was going to mess up the design wall so we changed it to the opposite wall. This wall now has the cutting table.
This wall now has the design wall. It’s covered in batting but I went to Wal-Mart to get flannel and they didn’t have enough white or ecru. Late last night, I finished unpacking some boxes and there sat a king size flannel sheet, still in the package. Of course, I don’t remember ordering it and it’s probably been around for years but it’s perfect. Today I will get it onto the design wall, set up up the sewing machines, clean the windows and I’ll be all set to sew.
In a comment I was asked why I add the batting to the design wall. It could be made with only the foam insulation and the flannel but the batting makes it a little more cushiony and when I put the blocks on there, I can mash them onto the flannel since there’s the cushion, and it seems to stick better.
Every day we make a little progress!