He’s Hooked

Bath & Body Works is one of my favorite shops.  Vince could never understand why almost every month there are charges to Bath & Body Works.  Their stuff is so inexpensive and they have such great specials and it all smells so good.  Do you love their stuff?  If so, what’s your favorite fragrance?  I’ve loved coconut, lime, verbena for a long time but I also love cherry blossom and sometimes I love sensual amber.  Today I tried Carried Away and really liked that one.  I really like almost all of them but I just love stuff that smells good.

Before we moved here I asked someone if there was a Bath & Body Works here and was told no so I was pleasantly surprised to see one when we wandered through the tiny little mall last week.  The sales lady was trying to distract Vince so I could shop and she took him to the men’s section and he found some some things he liked.

When we went back to the mall today to look for curtains (J. C. Penney’s had NO curtains of any kind), he wanted to go back to Bath & Body Works to get more!  Yep, he’s hooked.  Now when he sees it on the credit card, I can say “It was YOU, not me!”  🙂

They’re out of what he likes so he was chomping at the bit to go to Abilene.  He wanted to go anyway and I didn’t want to go so he thought a trip to Bath & Body Works there might sway me.  Nope . . but a trip to the sushi restaurant there just might!  🙂

Comments

Beth says

You need to make a trip to San Marcos outlets…a mile long and they have a bath and body outlet there with great prices. Also pottery barn/william sonoma outlet for setting up the house along with a bazillion other stores. Don’t go on the weekend if you can avoid it….or get there early (before 1 pm) as it gets crowded on the weekend.

• 4.1

There have been a couple that I liked that they stopped making. One was kinda purple and I can’t remember the name of it but a friend had a couple of bottles of shower gel and sent them to me. I hated using the last of it.

• LadyBaltimore says

I’ve got a tiny bit of Magnolia bath gel in the bottom of a bottle. I will hate using the last of the wonderful scent. I got some L’Occitane Verbena at Sephora the other day – it smells fresh and lemony.
        ps Still sending good thoughts your way, Judy, that you will be happily settled soon.

LOL, I like some of the products in the store but not all as allergies keep me from getting some of the fragrances. I’m afraid hubby won’t use anything from that kind of store.
    Karen

Quiltinggranna says

I noticed Beth mentioned an BBW outlet in San Marcos, but there is one in Hillsboro, directly west of you on I-35 north of Waco. The outlet mall is not as large, but if you are in that vicinity sometime, it is worth a stop at that one. I stopped twice this summer and really stocked up. Lots of items were 75% off! Can’t beat that deal. I love the coconut lime verbena as well, and bought a bunch of it in Hillsboro–love the shower gel and body cream.

Lynne says

Their candles are fab, they really make the house smell nice and I like their hand soap for the kitchen, the lemon foam is great

Freda Henderson says

I love Cherry Blossom and Sweet Pea. Probably more but can’t think right now.

Linda Beasley says

Heads Up!! I always took Hwy 22 from Hillsboro to Meridian. when I’d go to Abilene…have to drive across a tall dam on Lake Whitney. It has open grates on the road. I’ve never had a problem with bridges, but I grit my teeth every time I drive across that one. Just didn’t want you to be surprised at the last minute.

I love Sensual Amber but my body chemistry does not work with it. I always buy Cherry Blossom and Sweet Pea, and Plumeria in the summertime. BBW is my greatest indulgence!
    Debbie in WV

Gwen says

I love the citrus types. They have had several lime based ones. I also like Plumeria and Cherry Blossom. This summer they have one called Country Chic that smells like wildflowers to me, nice and light and clean. I’ve never checked the men’s section. DH is usually not a fan,, but who knows. BBW has long been a favorite store with granddaughters! LOL! We’ve tried a lot of their travel sizes over time.

Dawn-Marie says

I used to use Sweet Pea but have been with the coconut lime for a few years and every time I think of changing I get out voted because everyone likes how I smell.

• 15.1

Judy Laquidara says

I would never have tried the coconut lime but used it one day at my niece’s house and have been using it ever since.

Deb Myers says

What a fun excursion…what a guy that Vince is!

I’m soooo glad that ‘you’re baaaaccck’…I love clicking on your blog several times a day and finding that you’ve posted something new! And I love ALL your stories~ whatever they may be about~~ It was too long of a dry spell there for a while(too long)~~

Sounds like you’ve settled, into what could be considered a (new) normalacy….that’s a very good thing!!!

• 16.1

Think how long it seemed for me! For too long, everything going on around here seemed so blah and not worth writing about. Now, we’re back to having a story for everything that happens! Our “normal”! 🙂

The ultimate shopper has a new passion! My favorite is the Cucumber Melon and Sweet Pea (because it is Purple). I also like the Kitchen ones! Have fun Judy, Vince will be the cleanest man in the house.

White Citrus is my favorite…anything with a citrusy scent will work. I also like any thing with cotton in the name…clean laundry smell!
    I only use the body wash. I stopped using the lotions though…they have a petroleum product in (as most lotions do)that messes with hormones. The only lotion I use now is Jergens Original scent. No petrolatum or mineral oil in it.

Sandy says

Bath and Body Works is one of my favorite stores. They used to make a lilac scented bodywash and lotion but they quit carrying it several years ago. I used my last bottle so sparingly, lol to make it last. It was my “special occasion” body wash because I knew I couldn’t get another. They do have quite a few specials that make it very reasonable. One of life’s pleasures!

• 21.1

Judy Laquidara says

Thanks! Even though I miss Chad terribly, I’m starting to feel like my old self again.

Laura says

I’ve used Warm Vanilla Sugar products from BBW for many years. Lotion, soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, you name it. Also buy lots of antibacterial soap there in many different scents. They had a Noel scent last Christmas that was the best ever! Yep, I’m hooked on BBW too!

Robin says

Even though we have a couple malls with BBW- I never seem to go in them but then again I never seem to walk through the mall either- usually run into Sears or JC Penney and back out again. Over the years I’ve done my fair share of shopping there and receiving gifts from there but the scents seem to be too overpowering to me and I use them sparingly.

Peggy says

Too funny! I like Bath and Body Works, but have not been to a store for a while. Once our life settles down and we are near one I will see what is new.

Karen B says

My favorite scent is Pearberry. It is an older scent, so the store only carries it twice a year. I stock up during those times. Yes, I can order it online, but I prefer not to.

Judy, since you love coconut lime verbena, you will LOVE the vanilla coconut room spray. This is my very favorite scent! I also adore the cucumber melon hand soap for the kitchen. I usually use a more floral scent for the bathroom.

Hi,

My favorites are anything that is on the clearance, my 7 yo loves the lip glosses. My brother has been trucking hay from here, MI to Abiline, Texas. He says its so dry down there they are paying high dollar to get hay down.