Halloween Quilt Progress

Before I started making the pieces, I made a few changes.  Remember where there was purple in the middle . . I changed that to black.  I felt it needed more black in the center.

It’s a fun quilt to work on  .. it makes me smile.  I see witches’ hats, witches’ shoes and weird birds.  I can even see a funny fish in there.  All it needs is a glow in the dark cactus block somewhere!  🙂

Comments

• 1.1

Judy Laquidara says

Most of my big print backing fabric is packed so I’ll have to see what I can come up with when I get unpacked. I won’t be quilting it til then anyway.

Whew! I am so glad you commented about the wierd birds. When I first saw this quilt I said to myself, “Has Judy lost her mind? Can’t she see the birds and other stuff in that quilt?”
    I really didn’t have time to read anything that day, so it was just looking at the pics. I guess you haven’t lost your mind, that is good to know.

• 2.1

Judy Laquidara says

I’m not going to go so far as to say I haven’t lost my mind but yes, I see the secondary creatures evolving.

Loretta says

What about quilting it with glow in the dark thread? The top is looking really good so far.

How about quilting it with the glow-in-the-dark thread … That would make it really special. Wonderful pattern and of course I love the Dimples fabrics. Judy C

• 6.1

Judy Laquidara says

I don’t have any glow in the dark thread and I’m not buying ANYTHING ever again! 🙂 I’ll come up with something that will work.

Are those Angry Birds??? 😉
    I love the idea of glow in the dark thread….
    It amazes me how you come up with the design, pull fabrics and sit down and make a quilt! All in like 3 days. 🙂

Hope you have an awesome day!!!

• 8.1

Judy Laquidara says

They could be Angry Birds. I’m seeing way too many of those things these days. (Vince is playing .. not me!)

• 9.1

Judy Laquidara says

Did not. I always know that the day after Halloween, when the candy gets marked down, Vince will bring home a truck load of it!

Linda in NE says

Someone suggested glow-in-the-dark thread…why not quilt some cactus on the quilt with that?…you know there’s no way to stick to the never-buy-anything-again vow.

Gail Sheppard says

Hi Judy, I agree with the glow in the dark thread. How could you even consider anything else?? Imagine … glow in the dark cactus! Since you don’t want to “buy anything – I suggest that you simply “purchase” it – it is a necessity, ya know! 🙂 What a fun quilt!!

Trina says

I see birds too.:) I like your designs. I wonder what it would look like with pink fabric. would look like flamingoes, maybe. .

Trina

I am a non believer. I feel like the person that is staring at the picture in the mall that has an embedded image. NO matter how I look, I cannot see the dolphin. Please outline these “supposed” birds. ~ksp