January, 2012 UFO Challenge

Lots of new things beginning today, including the UFO Challenge. The number chosen to be done in January is:

#5

If you completed your project for December, please share a link to it here.

Comments

thanks for the number…. now to go see what I have to do!.

You may want to check on your link, since it will be open for 365 days!

I just checked, and no, I did not finish anything in December. Well — does it count that I took a pieced block and stuck it in a frame? Of course, that was a new block, so I guess not.

#5 — that’s the Cookie Jar, 1 ring quilted on my DWR and 2 Sylvia Bridal Sample blocks

Denise ~ justquiltin says

Hmmm #5 – well it could have been worse. I have the top but now to search to see where I stuck those HSTs I was working on for the border to it.

Excellent! #5 is my D9P leaves quilt that I had targetted to work on the first of the year before I joined the challenge.

Yay! I finished ALL of the UFOs on my list in 2011! I even finished TWO in December since I slacked off in April. But now looking at the choice for January…uh oh…I have a pattern and the border fabric…guess I’d better quit typing and start digging through my stash for fabric, huh? I’m excited for another year of finished projects!

Barbara Green says

Though I don’t blog and can’t add a link, I’ve made my list to follow along – my #5 is a light house wall hanging that I really want to finish for my living room in MI. Only the center has been completed, so borders shouldn’t be easy to finish this month. Barb in MI/FL

This is my first year playing, so I have nothing to report for December. #5 is my Bee Blocks from I don’t know how long ago!! I don’t think I’ve even looked at the blocks since they showed up in the mail. I’m excited to get them out and start playing with them!

Hmmm…this may have been the perfect number for you to have pulled this month! I’m already looking forward to having this quilt finished! :)

Total panic. I saw that Number 5 and couldn’t immediately get to my list. What if it was one of my brand new starts and it would take hours of time. Our Guild has a show in May and I’m sewing like crazy to finish three quilts (all on my list). Turns out 5 is my EASIEST quilt! A baby is due in our neighborhood in March and we’ll be having a shower. The father is a fireman so I have a fireman panel–just add borders and away I go. The gods were good to me today. Next month I’ll be ready for anything . . .

Lol, I think I forgot how to ‘read’…my post to the link isn’t showing what I did in Dec. but rather what I’ll be working on (UFO #5) for January. oops!

Melanie says

I’m so glad you picked #5! I’ve been working on it the past couple of days so it’s already out and ready to work on!

Marie says

I made out my list and you picked the one I really wanted to work on. Now to get myself going!!

Heads Up – I noticed that a couple of ladies have posted their 2012 lists on the link up for the 2011 December UFO. Not sure how to get them to repost to the list participating in the 2012 UFO Challenge. Just thought I would mention it. Judy C