Blueberry Hill

My January Color Challenge piece is done!  Here’s the palette we were given by Vicki:

And here’s my interpretation:

If ever we have a day in Texas when the winds aren’t blowing 90 miles an hour, I’ll take it outside and get a better picture.  Also, sometime tomorrow I hope to have the pattern available if anyone wants to make it.  It isn’t real quick and depending on your definition of easy or difficult, it isn’t too hard.  There are a lot of flying geese, which I find kinda time consuming.  It’s 79″ x 99″ and I think it was a lot of fun to make.

Comments

Barbara Green says

It’s great, Judy… it seems to me you’re ‘spot on’ with your interpretation of the color palette. (And, to let you know, my Pieced Borders book came today. Yea!)

Very pretty!! Have you come up with a name for it yet?
    Good luck getting a day without wind. I swear, these plains states have wind 90% of the time….or it at least seems that way.

Great looking quilt – an alternate name could be Texas Bluebonnets since it reminded me of a big field of those with an occasional red wildflower in there.

And the winds in TX and OK will always blow hard, except for in the summer in really hot weather, then it is calm. We joke to people who visit the lake that the average wind is 15mph. It’s either nothing or blowing 30!

Jan Baethke says

Love it! Will you have any of your new books at the retreat in Feb.? I’ll be checking out this pattern tomorrow! Thanks! And, Wind? What wind? tee hee…. ;c)

Becky I. says

I’m not exactly sure but I think this is the prettiest quilt you have ever made! Thanks for sharing.

• 31.1

Jean says

Judy
      Received the new book in the mail yesterday, and only had time to skim through it.What a wealth of information, beautiful quilts, and awesome borders.
      This is one book I am going to become very familiar with!! Thanks so much for writing it. It must have been alot of work.

Besides the beautiful colors, your quilt design has so many great diagonal lines, movement, and interesting focus parts. Just wonderful! I love it.

myrna sossner says

This is such a great quilt and I love the name too.
    I have a question…how do you make flying geese? You must have a quickie way considering how many there are in the quilt.

myrna sossner says

This is such a great quilt and I love the name too.

Jeny MacPhee says

Judy – that’s lovely! I initially thought I would prefer it with the other green you picked out, but the one you used goes really well.